The Endless thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Facebook has gone down leaving thousands of users unable to access their news feed.

The social network giant is said to be experiencing a "total blackout" in the UK and the US.

Some users have complained of not being able to refresh their newsfeed, while others cannot log in.

According to the website DownDetector, which tracks outages, Facebook has been experiencing issues since around 4pm.

Almost 2,000 people in the UK have reported a problem in the past 24 hours.

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. :D

• My wireless keyboard just stopped working. Turns out the batteries are totally flat: Only .45v showing for both of them. I thought I was just typing badly. :/

Glad I keep a stock of AAA cells. New ones fitted, press the re-sync buttons and all is well.

• OMG watch the second video

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wonder if they will accept ET as a gender. I think that could be fun.

• No, it will just encourage those male slime balls who want to have an excuse to get into women’s toilets.

I can’t bring myself to get worked up over this, but I have to say, I find it ludicrous. Pandering to fringe groups just makes them demand ever more outrageous concessions.

These certificates will not be worth the paper they are written on. They might as well have the word ‘Monopoly’ on the top to remind people that the certificate is meaningless.

Things should be made easier for people who have sexual identity issues, but this is not the answer.

Perhaps we should ask ourselves whether it is necessary to have ‘boy’ or ‘girl’ written in birth certificates. Do we really need that anymore?

Hey, I’ve just thought of a good wheeze. If you are a man and your boss starts getting on your case, just get one of these certificates and claim sex discrimination in that he was only treating you that way because you were female!

Yes, you could have a lot of fun with this. What nonsense!

• I thought there were only 3 genders HE ; SHE and IT.

Dont particularly like men going into ladies changing rooms or competing in Ladies sporting events. Im sure all this furore about 52 Genders will be seen for the Wokery nonsense that it is and we will get back to Men being men and Women being women, just like nature intended.

The Voice of Reason

• Staff Notice

I thought there were only 3 genders HE ; SHE and IT.

Dont particularly like men going into ladies changing rooms or competing in Ladies sporting events. Im sure all this furore about 52 Genders will be seen for the Wokery nonsense that it is and we will get back to Men being men and Women being women, just like nature intended.

If only… Give people an inch and they take a mile, and they still want more.

• Massive facepalm

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Getting my solar rocks and lanterns ready to go out. Batteries are in the charger, some are OK and don't need it. Brasso cleans up any mistiness on the surface of the solar cells and lamp lenses. Contact cleaner deals with any intermittent contact in the battery compartment or switch. Some I've removed the switch and shorted it out as it's just another cause of intermittancy. It's pretty superflous anyway.

On the rocks I've applied three rubber stick-on feet to each to help keep water from accumulating underneath and rotting the battery contacts.

All the rocks have had an upgrade to the solar cell (triple output ~140ma) and battery (2500mh vs 600mh) so last all night with only 2 or 3 hours of full sun charging.

• Solar rocks WTF Can you arrange them like lava flowing from a Volcano or do they just heat up to keep you rock garden warm. :P That gives a whole new meaning to the term hot rocks.

• Staff Notice

OMG watch the second video

External Content twitter.com

Brilliant! Thanks for that.

• Oh here we go again. Trespass in Buckingham Palace LOL

Trespasser asked to use toilet at Buckingham Palace after entering through open gate

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/07/man…oilet-14538832/

I have used one of the toilets in Buckingham Palace and it wasn't all that. I have seen better toilets in posh hotels. There wasn't even anything worth pilfering for a souvenir. I only went in them because I wanted to see what they where like as you do in places like that. The big square courtyard is pretty cool though and the paintings inside are worth pausing to look at.

• Somebody else beat me to ET

As a mayoral candidate, you might think hearing that you have 500 to one odds of winning would be disappointing.

But for an extra-terrestrial space warrior like me, trying to take control of Earth’s greatest city, I think I’m a good value bet. Especially as it’s only my first go.

People ask me why I got into politics in the first place, and the answer is pretty simple. Sheer, naked, unbridled power – and my restless urge to restore Ceefax to the galaxy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!