The Endless thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I see no reason why the comedy programmes of the 60's and 70's cannot be rerun on TV.. They were funny and were not subjected to all this modern WOKE rubbish.

If anybody doesn't like proper comedy they dont have to watch it. - BUT- stop telling the decent majority of us what we can and cannot watch..

The Voice of Reason

• Going down to Beach House Park to meet up with a couple of friends who I used to work with when I worked for the man. We're taking packed lunches and it looks like the sun is going to come out.

Curiously although I have lived in Worthing for over 50 years I've never been to that park.

We have a get together with other ex-employees (West Boys Club LOL) every 6 months or so usually at a pub in Brighton's South Lains area but with lockdowns and other restrictions we've had to put those off.

• Going down to Beach House Park to meet up with a couple of friends who I used to work with when I worked for the man. We're taking packed lunches and it looks like the sun is going to come out.

Curiously although I have lived in Worthing for over 50 years I've never been to that park.

We have a get together with other ex-employees (West Boys Club LOL) every 6 months or so usually at a pub in Brighton's South Lains area but with lockdowns and other restrictions we've had to put those off.

When I was in retail I would quite often stay in Worthing. I had a shop there and enjoyed visiting the town. I was never that keen on Brighton, as it was full of queers

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• When I was in retail I would quite often stay in Worthing. I had a shop there and enjoyed visiting the town.

Thank you. We had some sunshine and a good chin wag as we've not met up for almost a year. Park looked like it needed a bit of TLC.

How did you day go?

Haven't been to a park in years now.... :(

Edit: Ah, I must read more posts, before replying,,,, ^^ You already answered, Bibbles, just seen that.

• Heero Yuy you will appreciate this one. WTF Microsoft have total disregard for copyrights on GitHub and steal all the code to feed into their AI Copilot project. Legal action against MS or it will be opening a can of worms with regards to copyright laws whenever anyone else decides to abuse it.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I know us programmers are guilty of "recycling" source code, after all when you have a ready made wheel in the backup files from just about everybody we've worked for and/or project we worked on, it would be silly not to use it.

Bit different when a major corporation just takes it. X(

• Yep it's not exactly setting an example and like saying "OK all of you do as you please" I've never taken all of someone's open source code without the proper copyright. I respect open source. What I have done is taken loads of snippets to make something completely new so like jigsaw puzzle to rearrange and add my own code to that therefore making something new. I use it as a learning path and try to credit those who's snippets I have taken if large enough but I have to admit there are times when I forget where I got something from but the professionals will have their details and copyright at the beginning as long as I haven't trashed the original source.

• Moths and Midges are ones bugging me. There seems to be an infestation this year. Still it could be worse.

Apparently the hanging up of suits and jumpers in wardrobes etc. during the lockdown has seen an upsurge in clothes moths.

• Not had a fly problem here yet as its been so wet, but with temps about to go to 30C in the next few days, perhaps that will change.

Hope everyone is well?

Sorry I'm not around much at the moment, but what free time I have, I'm spending renovating my garden. Well, so far its been destroying, the renovation is still to come! :) (I hope)

• Hope everyone is well?

Keeping well here. With some nice warm sunny weather this weekend I'll be dusting down the BBQ. Picked up some extra charcoal briquettes on Monday. Here's looking forwards to Sunday afternoon: Beer and burgers. :)

• Puzzles pages in the paper today had an interesting general knowledge question: In a standard pack of playing cards what are the queens holding in their hands?

Display Spoiler

A flower

I didn't know that and had to get a pack out and take a look.

• He's so right...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!