The Endless thread

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Thank you everyone. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

She was very poorly and there were mulitple problems, but some of these we were getting on top of, but there you go. At least I was with her when it happened this morning.

Very late seeing this. Sorry for your loss H. I’ve been there myself with my own parents. Sadly the journey of life only travels one way. You can only provide care, compassion and love in the end. I have read your posts on here with sad familiarity. My thoughts are with you.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Thank you Armitage. :thumbup:

I was intending to detail my life when I looked after my dad and do regular blog articles about that, but then I had to deal with my mum and things were too "live" to post here most of the time. Besides, who wants to read someone else's depressing crap all the time?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Currently watching Michael Portillo's continental railway journeys on Yesterday. I'll need to look something out from the library for this evening. Not interested in the Eurovision song contest. It'll just be totally political. Haven't watched it since Kay Boyle presented it with TW!

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Decided on "The Enforcer" Clint Eastwood and Tyne daly as a police woman. Talk about typecast.

"I know what you're thinking: Did he fire six or only five. In all the excitement I lost count myself, but seeing as this is the magnum 45 and will blow your head clean off. Do you feel lucky? Well do you, punk"

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Fan of both them myself.

Had a nice time out and about this afternoon/this evening. The weather has been stunning. :)

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• And lets not forget Lee Van Cleef. I also like both but I do pull more towards favouring John Wayne but I think that's more about the style of that era of films. I prefer Clint Eastwood in the non westerns films he's made. And not many people know this but he's also a very good jazz pianist. I have an album of his playing live in the Carnegie Hall.

• I finished my books last night and the bottle of Merlot, then settled down to watch John Wayne in Hondo and Clint afterwards in Magnum Force seen both many times but I still enjoy them.

I did not know he played the Piano learnt something new today thanks

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IIRC he was also elected Maayor of the small town where he lived. Not sure if he still lives there but he doesn't like to be in the limelight and live like some superstar in a Beverly Hills palace.

• That's really good Heero, especially with your own upgrades.

Here's a comparisson picture:

Photo0234_s.jpg

The cell on the left is the original. The right hand one is the upgrade. Note how much more active silicon (blue) there is. The original cell produces about 50ma in strong sun, the upgrade about 140ma.

4312-gwban-gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!