When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Actually fortunately as it had been operating illegally for some time.

That coal for legacy steam engines is a problem for heritage lines though. But there is a prospective solution called Heritage Wildfire. I live near one of those lines and even donated to them, you find about all sorts of stuff

Heritage Smokeless Steam Coal | Coals2U
    The only manufactured fuel explicitly developed for the Heritage Steam Railway market. Developed in association with the HRA and other Rail Operators within UK…
    www.coals2u.co.uk
  • Any budding Micheal Portillo types lurking around here 🤣🤣

The hotels would ruin it for me. I'd rather stay on the train and not have it stop. It needs a sleeper carriage or just go Indian style and crash where you park your backside. I would love to do one of the Canadian train holidays. I'm surprised nobody has come up with the idea of a German Nazi POW train ride experience to Auschwitz.

• Well 2024 is looking up ATM. A wedding and 3 holidays booked.

2x cruises and a trip around the NC500. Even Mrs CL had a smile, for 5 minutes after the booking 😂😂😂

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• Well 2024 is looking up ATM. A wedding and 3 holidays booked.

2x cruises and a trip around the NC500. Even Mrs CL had a smile, for 5 minutes after the booking 😂😂😂

Talking of which, if anyone is going to Oz soon, don't panic at the absolutely ridiculous and impossible character references they now ask you for. I refused and still got a visa in 2 days. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-text/evid…s/et-h0009.aspx

• BATTLE FOR ORGREVE C4 PT 2 of a 3 part series.

Pt1 was Shirebrook in Derbyshire, it's strange to watch how very different in a way, well tbh I had forgotten or me aybe just no longer thought about.

A mini series which after 2 parts is not unbiased but it is informative.

• BATTLE FOR ORGREVE C4 PT 2 of a 3 part series.

Pt1 was Shirebrook in Derbyshire, it's strange to watch how very different in a way, well tbh I had forgotten or me aybe just no longer thought about.

A mini series which after 2 parts is not unbiased but it is informative.

Yes I’ll be watching that , I can’t believe it’s 40 years ago

• A sad day enshrined in history. Highly paid police officers on massive overtime pay - battering Miners.

How about the police batter a few violent "protestors" in London who despise our way of life and openly make it known?

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• A sad day enshrined in history. Highly paid police officers on massive overtime pay - battering Miners.

How about the police batter a few violent "protestors" in London who despise our way of life and openly make it known?

The police were certainly used as political tool by Thatcher , not so much because of the violence which from what remember was meted out by both sides but because officers were bussed from all over the country to confront strikers & break the strike

• Watch pt1 on catch up, it's about a Derbyshire village and it's very different tale from Orgreive.

TR your very right, be violence from both sides, some miners and it's union behaved shockingly very apparent in pt1 shirebrook.

• My best mate was a Constable (later to be a Chief Inspector Counter Espionage France/UK) I remember him telling me, boasting with joy of the huge amounts of overtime pay he got. I went to the Police "canteen" for lunch with him in Chesterfield - there were hundreds of officers queuing for lunch. I have never seen so many in one place.

The police have the right to protect themselves from violence but there was no need for the "charge of the light brigade" tactics. A bad day for the police.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Hello guys and girls, just to let you know I have decided to step away from the forum for a while. I have honestly enjoyed most of my time on here, but there are things going on in my life that require my time, family and weddings, holidays and more holidays, it's time for some catch up for me and Mrs CL.

Thanks for everything, someone please pass my best to Fred and Rusty if they come back.

• Hello guys and girls, just to let you know I have decided to step away from the forum for a while. I have honestly enjoyed most of my time on here, but there are things going on in my life that require my time, family and weddings, holidays and more holidays, it's time for some catch up for me and Mrs CL.

Thanks for everything, someone please pass my best to Fred and Rusty if they come back.

Thank you for your contribution, Canny Lad; hope to see you here again soon!

Only just seen this. If there's any feedback you can provide us, please do. Good or bad.

I know you won't see this now CL, but I hope all is okay and you're feeling okay after that op you had last year.

Hope to see you again in the future when things get less hectic.

• Just a head's up to members on this product recall below:

Shards of metal found in 6 types of cookie from Lidl as products recalled
    LIDL has recalled six popular types of cookie over fears they contain shards of metal. Some batches of the sweet treats could be contaminated and “unsafe to…
    www.thesun.co.uk

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• STAY ON TOPIC !!!!!!!! :D:saint::saint::!:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!