The Endless thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • OK, in a homage to a website that I was very active on a few years ago, I now resurrect the endless thread: Zombies never die they just want your brain. This is the chat thread.

Rules: No topic, any crap you want to post so long as its within the main site rules. Spam, non commercial. minimal swearing. So get posting you lot!

• Ok, if we're going down that line...8o

I might put spikes on the ground in supermarkets to at least slow down the mums and their kiddie chelsea tractors aka buggies. Every supermarket I go in, they just ram you with them, so countermeasures are required.;)

Sometimes you just have to be cruel to be kind.:D

• Ok, if we're going down that line...8o

I might put spikes on the ground in supermarkets to at least slow down the mums and their kiddie chelsea tractors aka buggies. Every supermarket I go in, they just ram you with them, so countermeasures are required.;)

Sometimes you just have to be cruel to be kind.:D

Like this, I would also want squeal detectors those ban mothers with squealing brats fron supermarkets

• You got to know straight off, Heero, I've got a very dark sense of humour especially on forums late at night, not that this is late by my standards. I'm just getting going!

I've just came back from a walk ten minutes ago and of course a neighbour's cat was pissing all over my front garden. I've given up trying to scare them off, they just look at me and say with their eyes, "yeah, what you gonna do about it?" And as I'm in Essex, they usually add "innit" to the end.^^

Bloody cats. There must be a humane way to deal with them. Hammer?8o

• As we're still talking supermarkets, I'd quite like something done about the security guards in them.

They stand by the doorways and glare at you as you walk in like you're about to steal everything in the whole shop. I'm almost tempted to nick something and see if they actually notice.

• I have neighbours who have recently decided to turn their swimming pool into a private rain water tank. Everyone's doing it. This has raised the wretched thing high enough for them to be seen from the waist up. They are in love with this invention and stand around on and walk about on it and now hold family barbecues on it so we can see them in all their glory, they can look into our garden 24/7 and their alarmingly rapidly increasing tribe of grandchildren can yowl loudly as their minders pace about (on it) trying to pacify them.

Mr Wing has decided to erect a set of spikes with the intention of growing the jasmine creeper higher so the other neighbour's cats can't get into our garden and use it as a toilet and general fight club with their rival felines from the other side. :rolleyes:

• I've just came back from a walk ten minutes ago and of course a neighbour's cat was pissing all over my front garden. I've given up trying to scare them off, they just look at me and say with their eyes, "yeah, what you gonna do about it?" And as I'm in Essex, they usually add "innit" to the end.^^

Bloody cats. There must be a humane way to deal with them. Hammer?8o

It's got two barrels and is the country solution.

I've got a blue bottle buzzing around me, I wish it would buzz of.

Large elastic band. I've got my eye in over the years and can take one out at 6 feet.

What you really want though is one of these

Gonna get me one before the wasps come out.

• I have neighbours who have recently decided to turn their swimming pool into a private rain water tank. Everyone's doing it. This has raised the wretched thing high enough for them to be seen from the waist up. They are in love with this invention and stand around on and walk about on it and now hold family barbecues on it so we can see them in all their glory, they can look into our garden 24/7 and their alarmingly rapidly increasing tribe of grandchildren can yowl loudly as their minders pace about (on it) trying to pacify them.

Aren't you glad you can't see them from the waist down? =O^^

Mr Wing has decided to erect a set of spikes with the intention of growing the jasmine creeper higher so the other neighbour's cats can't get into our garden and use it as a toilet and general fight club with their rival felines from the other side.

They'll find a way. I've put the offcuts from the palms on top of the beds. Seems to be something of a deterrent. Not got much in them apart from one that is full of trailing nasturtians that self seed. I used to get loads of annuals but nowadays I only plant up the tubs and troughs.

• Just when we thought we'd kind of beaten the cats, we heard a loud howling in the dead of night, on our roof, the next night in our garden and boom, they're back. The parrot got so nervous he asked to be brought inside for two nights. They sneak up and scare him in the night. We're going nuts. We have built a trap in the past, caught them, sprayed them with the hose and let them go. Back they bloody well come.

• Just when we thought we'd kind of beaten the cats, we heard a loud howling in the dead of night, on our roof, the next night in our garden and boom, they're back. The parrot got so nervous he asked to be brought inside for two nights. They sneak up and scare him in the night. We're going nuts. We have built a trap in the past, caught them, sprayed them with the hose and let them go. Back they bloody well come.

There is a known remedy for that problem LW ----just get a tiger as a pet.....those howling cats won't come near your place then.......and as bonus, it will make an excellent burglar deterrent.......

• I have an eager German Shepherd who is some day going to have kitty for dinner. If he can get hold of it. They are very shrewd and stay up high then come down when no one's looking and poop in the garden.

• I have an eager German Shepherd who is some day going to have kitty for dinner. If he can get hold of it. They are very shrewd and stay up high then come down when no one's looking and poop in the garden.

Still think the tiger would be more effective......but how about getting another German Shepherd.......and leaving one on guard duty????

But maybe you should look on the bright side.....you are getting free home delivery of a natural fertiliser.....so your plants should be thriving LW.....

;o)

• I hate to say this but the fertilizer doesn't get to the plants. I won't tell you how that happens but it's a great source of illness in dogs, and a purveyor of worms, and cats are a source of fleas. Want to get rid of fleas on your dog? Get rid of your cat. I did and the dogs haven't had a single flea since. Bubonic plague may have been spread by fleas on rats but I'll bet the fleas got to the people through close company with cats. Cats also carry a nasty parasite that gets into the soil through using it as a toilet and children pick it up by playing in the sand. It migrates to their eyes and can cause blindness. Pregnant women are warned away from handling kitty litter, etc.

I grew up with cats, I think they are beautiful and as I am a sucker for animals I have to school myself not to give in to the overtures that are being made to me by one of neigbour's cats who hates it there and wants to come and live with us.

I found it on the roof this afternoon, stalking two ibis who were sunning themselves on the edge of the roof. Come spring and summer and there will be dead baby birds all over the place, lacerated lizards, and yowling all night in cat fights.

I decided a number of years ago that I would not own any more cats. They are an environmental menace.

• I hate to say this but the fertilizer doesn't get to the plants. I won't tell you how that happens but it's a great source of illness in dogs, and a purveyor of worms, and cats are a source of fleas. Want to get rid of fleas on your dog? Get rid of your cat. I did and the dogs haven't had a single flea since. Bubonic plague may have been spread by fleas on rats but I'll bet the fleas got to the people through close company with cats. Cats also carry a nasty parasite that gets into the soil through using it as a toilet and children pick it up by playing in the sand. It migrates to their eyes and can cause blindness. Pregnant women are warned away from handling kitty litter, etc.

I grew up with cats, I think they are beautiful and as I am a sucker for animals I have to school myself not to give in to the overtures that are being made to me by one of neigbour's cats who hates it there and wants to come and live with us.

I found it on the roof this afternoon, stalking two ibis who were sunning themselves on the edge of the roof. Come spring and summer and there will be dead baby birds all over the place, lacerated lizards, and yowling all night in cat fights.

I decided a number of years ago that I would not own any more cats. They are an environmental menace.

I cannot disagree with your conclusion LW.....in fact cats are one of the few animals that kill for the sake of killing......however, one shouldn't assume that dog poo is harmless, although, nowadays, because of responsible dog ownership, most of their 'mess' is cleared up.... I love dogs....especially with chips.....and my daughter has a beautiful dog, which is the most placid dog that I have ever seen, despite it's pedigree, which is part Husky, part German Shepherd and part Rottweiler. However, more to the point, have you heard of "Toxocara canis"? It is a rare infection which can be transmitted through dog faeces because it can contain worm eggs which can lay dormant in the ground for 3 years....Despite this, it is a rare infection - but it can actually cause blindness.

Got that tiger yet??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!