The Endless thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • These are our doors. You can't see the bolts at all, as they are built into the doors.

locking specification of bi-fold doors You need to scroll down a bit for the specs.

I gather Heero's doors will be internal, so maybe won't need high spec security.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• not seen those posts on CF.

There were no mods on site for about an hour. Damien drew the short straw to clear up the mess.^^

Defrosting the small chest freezer today in order to move it from the utility room to the kitchen-diner. Found quite a few ice cubes that had found their way down to the bottom. Nice touch on the unit is a drain plug in the base so no wet towels.

• Mine was well overdue but was fairly quick. I put a fan on the top to blow room air into the cabinet. Cleared in just over the hour. I did "peel" off the frost layers as they came loose.

I put the contents in a large insulated box and wrapped the rest in blankets. Got it mostly back in the same places as it was originally placed so I know where things are. My inventory indicates roughly where things are to minimise the amount of digging. The more frequently I use things the higher up they are.

Freezer was quite light when empty so it was easy to put it in the kitchen-diner where I want it to be. Conservatory is not the place to put a freezer.

• :D Oh, it's relatively cool compared to what is ahead. It has been between 25C and 30C lately so it's normal at the mo. I'm just hoping we don't have the heat wave of last year. So far things are back to what they should be. This is quite enough for me, but unfortunately where I am it goes up beyond 30C and usually dangles around 34C to 37C on a good summer's day. It can get feisty and go above that in a heat wave, which is absolutely awful. So here's hoping it will rain this year instead.

I am interested to see what temperatures will be like in Oz when Mr Wing goes next week. He will be in Perth and then in Brisbane. Both usually very hot, so I will see if they are any hotter than where I am.

• It's broiling there. The outback is even worse than the coastal towns. No thanks in capital letters. I'll post some piccies when Mr Wing gets back. He is going to Perth (hot and dry) and then to Brisbane (stinking hot and humid). Perhaps he'll be lucky as the summer hasn't powered up yet.

• Emptying out cupboards and other storage that will get destroyed when the builders come in in September. Never knew I had so many identical pots of white acrylic paint or tubs of joint compound.:/ Temporarily stacked up along side the car in the garage. Fortunately I had several grey crates left over from our older recycling system before they went to wheelie bins.

Part of the works after the bi-fold doors go in and the conservatory is on and weathertight is a complete redecorate and freshen up with new carpets.

Taken a set of "before" pictures ready to start a thread on this. Chest freezer that was in the utility room is now defrosted and in the kitchen diner. Dishwasher is moved ready to join it when I change a bit of the cabinets, plumbing, drains and power point(s). Fortunately I have a piece of worktop stowed in the garage that needed to be cut off to install the kitchen and it's ideal to extend the top where the dishwasher will go. It's the same 2 Metre top so the cut-line should marry up OK. I also have a spare unit end panel to help things along.

The kitchen only has a small bowl sink at the moment but I'll replace it with a stainless sink-drainer unit now I'll have the space for one. Makes up for loosing the extra sink-drainer in the utility room. The mixer tap is foobarred so I'll get a nice new chrome job with ceramic disk valves.

• Spent several pleasant hours today having an amble round the local forest. So peaceful, about the only noise was the cries of the buzzards. Saw them several times flying under the canopy of the pines. Seriously big birds.

Contrast and compare the following two pictures:

DOVER_1.JPG

Photo0351_s.jpg

Apart from the technical quality they are both of the same area of woodland, the second is about 200 yds on from the first and about 48 years. The lady in the foreground is my Grandmother with her dog Rex.

Lefthand side is mainly larch, righthand is beech.

A few yards on the woodland on the LH side had been clear felled and was replanted with spruce. Last year this area was clear felled again. God how the years seem to have gone by.

• It's a massive difference, isn't it. Personally, I prefer the trees in the second picture, but that's just personal preference.

Never heard, let alone seen a buzzard, lucky you. Hope you enjoyed your walk. A great way to get away from some of that heat.

Taken a set of "before" pictures ready to start a thread on this

Look forward to it.:thumbup:

I've got a garage full of my Dad's stuff to deal with, but as they say, "events, dear boy." I was expecting to have the time to deal with it, but I'll get around to it at some point and like you, there seems to be multiple pots of the same stuff. My dad liked to hoard.:)

• like you, there seems to be multiple pots of the same stuff.

Some of these came from clearing out my mother's place and some because I couldn't see the original pot in the cupboard(s) because of all the other pots.^^ A number of them the paint had dried out so they went in the bin.

One of the "benefits" of loosing some storage space is that the rest of the base cupboards need to be purged. It's the turn of the double under the kitchen sink next. Lord knows what I've got stashed in there. I have to repair that unit as a leak from the stopcock has turned the bottom of one of the chipboard sides into weetabix. During that repair I'll put in the water take-off point and J ubend drain for the appliance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!