Should there be Hillsborough charges?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Things happen wherever crowds are involved and when this involves a tragedy lessons are always learned. With regard to football there was another incident involving a fire resulting in wooden stands being replaced. Then there has been hooliganism resulting in more seating

We do learn from these, I don't think there have been any similar incidents since

• Bibbles said >> "Ultimately David Duckenfield has had his life ruined by family members of the deceased who just want to have somebody blamed. This poor man was doing his job to the best of his ability, and didn't want anyone to be hurt, let alone killed."

I totally agree with you. I know it is not logical but imagine if he had diplomatic immunity.

• Bibbles said >> "Ultimately David Duckenfield has had his life ruined by family members of the deceased who just want to have somebody blamed. This poor man was doing his job to the best of his ability, and didn't want anyone to be hurt, let alone killed."

I totally agree with you. I know it is not logical but imagine if he had diplomatic immunity.

This was his third trial

• I appreciate your tough analysis. It entirely reinforces Bob Dylan's line "You don't need a weatherman to know which the way the wind blows".

This is the trouble with inquiries - forever analysing to distraction and destruction; society's displacement activity when the only alternative is having to do something about it. When are we going to put in to prison or hang any politician or inquiry committee member who says "there have been lessons to be learnt"

I'm also pleased you have stuck your neck out and pointed a questioning finger at Liverpudlians. The last person I remember doing that was Boris Johnson, where David (platitude-beats-attitude) Cameron rapped Boris's knuckles and forced him to apologise. But Boris's original criticism was right on the money.

When my company was doing research discussion groups and hall tests all over Britain, the one city we regarded as a no-go area was Liverpool. It's not they were dangerously violet, just unreliable and full of bile. I know stereotyping is frowned upon - and undoubtedly there will always be exceptions - but research companies talking to one another about their experiences and reasons for singling out Liverpool went way beyond any likelihood of unfair stereotyping

• I appreciate your tough analysis. It entirely reinforces Bob Dylan's line "You don't need a weatherman to know which the way the wind blows".

This is the trouble with inquiries - forever analysing to distraction and destruction; society's displacement activity when the only alternative is having to do something about it. When are we going to put in to prison or hang any politician or inquiry committee member who says "there have been lessons to be learnt"

I'm also pleased you have stuck your neck out and pointed a questioning finger at Liverpudlians. The last person I remember doing that was Boris Johnson, where David (platitude-beats-attitude) Cameron rapped Boris's knuckles and forced him to apologise. But Boris's original criticism was right on the money.

When my company was doing research discussion groups and hall tests all over Britain, the one city we regarded as a no-go area was Liverpool. It's not they were dangerously violet, just unreliable and full of bile. I know stereotyping is frowned upon - and undoubtedly there will always be exceptions - but research companies talking to one another about their experiences and reasons for singling out Liverpool went way beyond any likelihood of unfair stereotyping

I was a retailer for most of my working life. The company I had worked for closed down two shops in Liverpool, because the shoplifting was so rife they simply couldn't make it pay.

Back in the mid nineties I lived in Bournemouth for a while. The locals in Bournemouth are quite cold, and befriending people was quite difficult. Believe it or not their was a large scouse community in the area. The Scousers were far more friendly, however, I wouldn't even leave a pint on the table went I went to the toilet. Everyone I knew was up to some sort of illegal activity. They are strange people, they would beat you up and steal your wallet, then hold a whip round to help you out.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• I was a retailer for most of my working life. The company I had worked for closed down two shops in Liverpool, because the shoplifting was so rife they simply couldn't make it pay.

Back in the mid nineties I lived in Bournemouth for a while. The locals in Bournemouth are quite cold, and befriending people was quite difficult. Believe it or not their was a large scouse community in the area. The Scousers were far more friendly, however, I wouldn't even leave a pint on the table went I went to the toilet. Everyone I knew was up to some sort of illegal activity. They are strange people, they would beat you up and steal your wallet, then hold a whip round to help you out.

That's funny, fascinating and informative. Maybe the scouse friendliness you sometimes found was not so much a strange contradiction but confirmation of their instability or insincerity

• That's funny, fascinating and informative. Maybe the scouse friendliness you sometimes found was not so much a strange contradiction but confirmation of their instability or insincerity

I wonder if the "scouse friendliness" was to size you up to see what they could get out of you

To me they are always "Want, want, want" "Gimme, gimme, gimme"

• I wonder if the "scouse friendliness" was to size you up to see what they could get out of you

To me they are always "Want, want, want" "Gimme, gimme, gimme"

Yeah, I think that's about it to be honest

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Perhaps you can all post in LW's Where to go thread, about the best/friendly places to live in the country.

I second that remark about Bournemouth, by the way, but are there any areas in the South that aren't frosty?

Have only been to Bournemouth once, that was in 1976 in that scorching summer

Walking along the Promenade, two very young daughters in childish skimpy bikinis we passed two old dames in fur coats, ad they commented that my daughters would get their death of colds!

I also remember the local paper full of the battle to open a one day a week general market and the strong local opposition

We never went back

• My husbands family originated from the Watford, Rickmansworth and Croxley Green areas. When we visited them all, the family were welcoming enough, but I found the locals to be not very friendly at all, or maybe they just couldn't understand my Yorkshire accent and thought I was a foreigner. ;)

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!