Americans kill IS leader

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • The fugitive leader of the Islamic State (IS) group has been killed in a US military operation in northwest Syria, President Donald Trump has said.

Speaking

Baghdadi came to prominence in 2014, when he announced the creation of a "caliphate" in areas of Iraq and Syria.

IS carried out multiple atrocities that resulted in thousands of deaths.

from the White House, Mr Trump said Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest after being caught at the end of a tunnel by special forces.

Good. No doubt Trump has just bought himself some brownie points after the disastrous decision to pull out of Syria.

One less evil bastard in the world and this one was a particularly nasty character.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Sounds like a messy end. Still Shinigami will re-assemble him for the reserved hot seat.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• And now our own apostle of hate, Anjem Choudary, has been released from prison and is free to preach his hatred again

Now if only the USA special forces could drop by

If They Can Do It So Can I

• How US gunships cornered ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi before he dragged three children with him into a tunnel and blew up a suicide belt - as Trump watched live on TV link 'like a movie'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Typical Arab terrorist, happy blowing innocent people including children but faced with a white faced soldier they turn and run

It was the same with Sadam Hussein's so called fearsome Republican Guard. first white face coming over the hill and they turned tail and ran

If They Can Do It So Can I

• OP

I'm not convinced; I seem to recall that the yanks have killed him two or three times before? After all, this is the era of Fake News? And even nif he has been snuffed out, just like the hydra, IS is a many-headed beast, and so it'll just be a case of 'Everybody up one - onward and upward'.

There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• ISIS said themselves he is dead and appointed a new leader, so hopefully he is gone this time. He took captive some kids and blew them up along with himself. Hope he rots in hell.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.