Wandering drones

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • What do posters think about drones? How do you feel about one descending into your garden and spying on you? I'd wack it with a grass broom. There have been cases of irate home owners shooting the things if they stay out of reach, but hover over their properties.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• I have no problems with drones but I do have a problem with some of the people that use them. There does not appear to be any form of control that could be exerted to stop people, for example, using them to spy on others or for the identify of the owner/operator of drones which have already come damn close to causing an accident to be established.

Drone causes Gatwick Airport disruption

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40476264

Robert Buckland, the UK Solicitor General, has called for a review of the law but whilst the drones are for sale without safeguards in place I don't see how the problem could be policed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new…r-general-gatwick-runway/

• I'm dreading some ghastly accident, possibly with a plane, or a child or car crash or something. Drones should be regulated for use as military equipment and scientific research equipment, etc. They shouldn't be let loose on the public.

• I suspect it's now a bit late to put the drone genie back in the bottle. Even if they were banned or regulated in the UK it's just too easy to buy one elsewhere and get it shipped here. Then there's the question of enforcement.

If a drone is bad enough what about the general public getting flying cars?

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• If I was to be reborn as a drone, I wouldn't be too unhappy......after all, all they don't do any work - as they have to save their energy in order to effect their sole reason for existence, which is is to fertilise the queen!!

• That is certainly a lot closer than it seemed even a short while ago............. 'potential ' seems to have developed a habit of becoming 'reality' a lot quicker these days.

(Mod edit - fixed inclusion of post in quote)

• The UK government has announced plans to introduce drone registration and safety awareness courses for owners of the small unmanned aircraft.

It will affect anyone who owns a drone which weighs more than 250 grams (8oz)

Drone registration

====

About, bloody time. I'm fed up with these things flying over my garden.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• If one ever flies over my garden and comes close enough it will get the grass broom treatment.

• History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Brilliant.

A real world practical application on how this technology can improve lives.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.