Happy anniversay to us and still standing.

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Congratulations

The third anniversary present is traditionally leather so here's a whip to help keep us all in order ;)

• I've only been here a few weeks but it's not a bad little place. It's got it's fair share of decent people and raving nutjobs (or rather, nutjob) but it's OK.

Thanks to Horizon for doing all the donkey work so that we can air our views.

• Staff Notice

Happy 4th Birthday to us all.

Oh, cripes, I've missed our 4th Birthday. 8|

This site was created on the 9th January 2017 and despite everything, including the monster that is Facebook (spit), we're still here. :)

Thank you to all members, past, present and future.

Time for a song:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

8):thumbup:

• Yes we are still here, and more surprisingly I'm still here even if I'm not posting as often as I used to, but I still keep an eye on the forum and post when I see fit, but rest assured you will never get long rambling rant, novel like wall of text posts from me its not my style much prefer the short sharp and to the point quality over quantity approach. 8)

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Staff Notice

Unlike last year, I'm actually on time. :)

Happy 5th Birthday to us!

This site was created on the 9th January 2017 and we are still here and so is Facebook (spit) but I guess we can't have it all our own way. :)

I hope everyone is well and I wish all members past, present and future a good year ahead. Thank you for being part of our little community, I just wish it was a tiny bit bigger. I'm not greedy, I'm not. Honest. Scout's honour. 8o Just a few more people would be nice. They're out there in the wilderness and lost, but they will find us eventually. 8) ^^

Time for a little song now and as I'm feeling in quite a chipper mood, it's time for a bit of Eric and Ernie:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah its been fun on here, Hope I haven't offended too many with my somewhat flippant approach to some subjects, a much better forum than Digital Spy (mind you that wouldn't take much) :D

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Happy fifth xxxxx

It would be nice if more members joined, I agree. Provided they are interested in a community and aren't going to troll. Trolls are ubiquitous now :cursing:

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Yeah its been fun on here, Hope I haven't offended too many with my somewhat flippant approach to some subjects, a much better forum than Digital Spy (mind you that wouldn't take much) :D

Pleasure to have you here Ron and you've been here right from the start. :) :thumbup:

As for DS, they still have the best forums, but boy did they kill the rest of that site with all the celebrity crap.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Happy fifth xxxxx

It would be nice if more members joined, I agree. Provided they are interested in a community and aren't going to troll. Trolls are ubiquitous now :cursing:

Nothing I can do about it really, people will act as they act, but you never know, we might attact a few non-trolls too.

And just in case new members are not aware, Little Wing was instrumental in helping me with this site, from my endless PMs to her, to all the advice she gave. She was also for a very long time, the primary contributer to this site, which made a big difference.

There needs to be two people to have a chat and if she didn't reply to ALL the threads I created in the early days and months, there wouldn't be a site now, as I simply would've got bored talking to myself. You need someone at the end of the line.

And last, but not least, not forgetting she was the Chief Lieutenant of this site too. If Hoxton and Morgan ever came back, that would be the old gang reunited. 8)

Thank you LW. <3

• It does indeed Heero. And thank you for sticking with this site for the last five years and modding it too.

I think it was OB who was the first person who signed up to this site after its creation, I can't recall now, but while he went back to CF for his "fun" ( ;) ) for the next three years, you stuck with us and I am very gratefdul for that.

Thank you Heero. :thumbup: 8)

• I've been on many forums during my life, starting with the OLD SKY unregulated forum which was really good fun so long as people had a thick skin, through other forums which no longer exist or were totally ruined by Trolls. I enjoy Forum Box as it's gentle and civilised with most members being pleasant to each other and very few taking offence. Long may it continue to be so. :thumbup:

• I do like the feel of this site, and it does seem to attract people with some pretty diverse views on things, which is good. As you say, Horizon, it would be great to see more members signing up, but it takes time to build a loyal following, I guess.

The light-touch moderation you have advocated is also a good thing, although we will have to keep an eye on this new ‘Online Safety’ legislation coming up designed to address illegal and harmful online content. I have serious concerns that this might end up placing onerous monitoring responsibilities for site owners of discussion forums.

Well done, Horizon, in having put so much effort into this undertaking and for keeping the site up and running, which must be a major feat with everything you’ve got going on these days.

• I've been on many forums during my life, starting with the OLD SKY unregulated forum which was really good fun so long as people had a thick skin, through other forums which no longer exist or were totally ruined by Trolls. I enjoy Forum Box as it's gentle and civilised with most members being pleasant to each other and very few taking offence. Long may it continue to be so. :thumbup:

Here, here and thank you for making this site part of your online life too, esepcially when there are so many other choices out there.

I especially enjoy your digs at Mrs Krankie aka Mrs Sturgeon, if only other Scots felt the same way. ^^

• I do like the feel of this site, and it does seem to attract people with some pretty diverse views on things, which is good. As you say, Horizon, it would be great to see more members signing up, but it takes time to build a loyal following, I guess.

The light-touch moderation you have advocated is also a good thing, although we will have to keep an eye on this new ‘Online Safety’ legislation coming up designed to address illegal and harmful online content. I have serious concerns that this might end up placing onerous monitoring responsibilities for site owners of discussion forums.

Well done, Horizon, in having put so much effort into this undertaking and for keeping the site up and running, which must be a major feat with everything you’ve got going on these days.

Thank you OB and especially for coming back to us after your "hiatus" on CF. 8) Their loss, our gain. :) They still don't get that streaming is the future, do they? :S ^^

On the Online Safety legislation, yes it's something I'll need to look into, but not sure when yet, but thank you for highlighting it.

And thank you for taking up the staffing role too along with Heero, much appreciated, especially as my hours here are severely limited. :thumbup:

• They still don't get that streaming is the future, do they?

Some of the blowhards on CF are very resistant to any idea that scheduled channels will ever cease to broadcast, although I think some of them are just trying to make an argument. There is a culture of deliberate misunderstanding on the subject, which is the reason why my posts on that thread will reduce in the future.

I do wonder, however, whether more CF readers agree with me but are afraid to put their heads above the parapet.

Hopefully, this will never happen here. Everyone should be allowed to express their view without being shouted down.

I’m having some minor successes, though - five years ago nobody believed me when I said that live TV would ever be streamed! The reality that has descended upon us in the meantime has forced them to accept the likelihood that this may be the way of the future!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!