IRA Birmingham pub bomber is sorry. All is forgiven then...

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • A self-confessed IRA bomb maker who has said he was part of the group responsible for the Birmingham pub bombings has issued an apology.

IRA bomber sorry

====

Well, he's sorry, so all is forgiven then...

According to him, the bomb wasn't supposed to go off so soon and there should have been enough time for the police to evacuate the buildings before the bombs went off.

I agree with the IRA, how dare a bomb blows up a bit too soon, how inconvenient. But all is okay because once he realised he slaughtered dozens of people, he defused the third bomb. Just to add insult to injury, this scumbag goes on to say and I quote, "I apologise not only for myself, I apologise for all active republicans who had no intention of hurting anybody and sympathise with you." "It was not the intention of the IRA to kill innocent people."

Poor souls. Of course it was not the intention of the IRA to kill innocent people, the bombs and bullets just when off all by themselves.

With now live in different times, so I suggest we bury the hatchet and invite this bloke over for a pint - in Birmingham.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I think that, as in Hitler's time, so in our times, many people get drawn into movements and get given tasks that are not what they imagine them to be and will not accomplish what they imagine they will accomplish.

Letting go of the past and trying to understand why people do things and how they get convinced this is somehow glorious or retributive when they kill people who haven't personally done anything to them, is the great challenge of our times. Well, one of them, anyway.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• There are some people who are simply psychopaths. It's not that they even enjoy the violence, but simply that their minds are wired up for it.

• Yes, that's true, but they won't be the ones feeling remorse. Psychopaths don't feel remorse, but they are good at getting those who do have feelings to do a lot of their dirty work for them. As well as recruiting more psychopaths. In fact, after a while, their movements, on account of what these do, begin to attract recruits without any need on the part of psychopaths to do much but give them a uniform or a bomb and a false set of ideals that inform a vague cause.

• I've no idea what your opinions on The Troubles in Northern Ireland are, but in my opinion it was totally unnecessary and fuelled by sick people like Gerry Adams who did not come from poor, oppressed backgrounds, but backgrounds of militancy and violence.

This Birmingham pub bomber is no different. Sitting safe in his home in Southern Ireland while deciding, a conscious, cold decision, to carry out mass murder elsewhere. I'm sure at the end of each bombing run, he went home to mama, had a nice cup of tea with his Irish stew and thought nothing more about it.

These crocodile tears now from him are just insulting to the families of those he killed.

• I'm very familiar with civil conflict and I am not unfamiliar with the Irish situation as it has been ongoing for so long.

However, the best thing to do when it has more or less run out of steam, is build something from the ashes.

Therefore, anyone who tries to reignite fires simply needs the attention of the rebel's iconic persona. It's why they make such dreadful peacetime politicians.