General Election December 12th 2019. Poll.

• Who will you vote for? 7

1. Conservatives (4) 57%
    2. Labour (0) 0%
    3. Lib Dems (1) 14%
    4. Brexit Party (2) 29%
    5. SNP (0) 0%
    6. Greens (0) 0%
    7. Independents (0) 0%
    8. Won't vote (0) 0%

Not had a poll in a long time, so here goes. Please vote!

As with most of the polls on this site, you're allowed to vote for one option only and you can change your vote at any time. The poll closes on the 13th December. The results of the poll can be seen by everyone, regardless of whether someone voted or not.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• The UK is set to go to the polls on 12 December after MPs backed Boris Johnson's call for an election following months of Brexit deadlock.

By a margin of 438 votes to 20, the House of Commons approved legislation paving the way for the first December election since 1923.

The bill is still to be approved by the Lords but could become law by the end of the week.

Let battle commence

One problem, schools are usually polling stations but this is peak Christmas/Nativity Play time

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

Edited once, last by Horizon: Added BBC news story and link. ().

• Schools will welcome a day off, both pupils and staff. It's a much better cause than taking time off to protest climate change.

Let's hope we get a Brexiter Parliament, and I hope Farage has got his campaign sorted and well funded. It's time to kick out the empty headed career politicians with replace them with people who have actually achieved something in their lifetime and have good sound all-round business sense.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• It's going to be quite an acid test of the electorate's ability to think instead of vote with their emotions. Or via threats and project fear.

Possibly one of the most important elections in history. Screw this up and they will plunge Britain down the pan.

I expect a plethora of media promoted scare stories and some mega crass subjective journalism plus the resurgence of the green people, shoving Greta under your noses and trying to make you feel like evil murderers and earth rapists. It will be like Halloween extended until election day. Maybe Meghan can even get a spanner in there.

Important to take no notice.

You only live twice, or so it seems

One life for yourself, and one for your dreams

• No problem. Jesus was an Israeli nationalist and will be on the side of Brexiteers.

But his Second Coming is expected to be New Testament, in which the meek shall remain in Europe and thereby inherit the earth. Especially if they had decided to let young people vote to be secure in the knowledge that their mobile phone tariff would not be higher when they walked across the water to this promised land

• The threats have already started. Matt Hancock has been on TV this morning threatening that a vote for the Brexit Party is really a vote for Labour.

Personally, I have finished with tactical voting and will vote for the Brexit Party regardless. If you vote for party A in order to keep out party B, than party A automatically assumes that you support them and their ideas. Votes for the Brexit Party cannot be misconstrued!

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• The threats have already started. Matt Hancock has been on TV this morning threatening that a vote for the Brexit Party is really a vote for Labour.

Personally, I have finished with tactical voting and will vote for the Brexit Party regardless. If you vote for party A in order to keep out party B, than party A automatically assumes that you support them and their ideas. Votes for the Brexit Party cannot be misconstrued!

Matt Hancock is right, a vote for the Farage mob is a vote less for the Tories and hastens the possibility of Corbyn winning a slight majority

Then it will be back to another hung Parliament, and here we are again

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• casablanca

Isn't it absolutely inane? No one should be allowed to vote under the age of eighteen and even eighteen, in our time, means giving that responsibility to people at university, who spend all their time listening to the most awful music in the history of music, taking drugs and believing in some headcase sixteen year old Swede who is going round the world in a hot air balloon, or on horseback, or maybe just teleporting to attack what is obnoxiously referred to as "old people" and banging on about carbon when she should be educating herself and considering the threat of human overpopulation.

Clown world at its height. In fact, speaking of Second Comings, that noodle brain Bjorn from Abba recently announced that Greta was Christ's successor.

I bloody despair ...

• Only when the electorate gets really enraged at being treated like morons will anything positive happen. The day they chuck the newspaper under the cat's dish where it belongs, refuse to click on the net bait offered to confuse them and just tell everyone to bog off the circus will keep on coming to town.

• "The battle for the 'Workington Man': How Boris Johnson's Brexmas election on December 12th will be won or lost thanks to 'older, white male voters in Leave-backing northern towns'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Oh, jings, this is going to upset Meghan Markle's program for ridding Britain of old white guys. Quick, dear, on your war horsie ...

"STEPHEN GLOVER: The way to make sure Brexit never happens? Vote for the Brexit Party"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/de…ns-Vote-Brexit-Party.html

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Stephen Glover: another messiah who can predict the future, or someone trying to sway the vote?

The Conservatives have zero chance of getting elected in our Labour 'safe seat', but our dishonest and fraudulent Remainer MP has pissed off enough constituents for the Brexit Party to succeed. I check my Remainer MP's facebook page regularly. His safe seat isn't very safe these days.

Apart from that, I want LibLabCon to be wiped from the face of the earth. Their undemocratic machinations over the last few decades are the reason we are in the EU, without electoral consent.

• So sorry you have to wait and endure an election on top of that, but things were made practically impossible for Boris from the start. All you really have to worry about is whether the electorate will vote intelligently and make Britain independent of Gina Miller and the EU. X/

• I just did a very quick "back of a fag packet" calculation of those MPs leaving or have been forced out (Boris has readmitted back into the Conservative party, half of the MPs he took the whip away from) and parliament could look very different with the possibility that a third of the MPs could be newbies. That would clear away the cobwebs.:)

• Amber Rudd: Former Home Secretary standing down

The Hastings and Rye MP says she is "not finished with politics" but will not be standing for re-election.

Be nice to each other, be nice to the staff and most important of all, be nice to yourself.

Always abide by staff instructions and do not argue with them.

• possibility that a third of the MPs could be newbies. That would clear away the cobwebs.

Parliament certainly needs the old wood cleared out together with those who stood for election on honouring the referendum result and then tried all the tricks to prevent it happening.

At least Hammond and Clark will have gone together with the disgraceful speaker who undermined the impartiality of the office.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• The other week I was going to vote for Farage, but I will stick with Boris otherwise the conservative vote will get too split and we'll end up with a hung parliament.

• The other week I was going to vote for Farage, but I will stick with Boris otherwise the conservative vote will get too split and we'll end up with a hung parliament.

I'm of the same thinking, Boris needs a good majority to see off the remainers for good. They'll have to be rejoiners instead, an alltogether different prospect.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• The Remainers aren't going to go away, no matter who wins the election

I can see a sort of Farage emerging who wants to rejoin the EU

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Which option should I tick for the Brexit Party?

• OOPS.:whistling:

Give me a second, Fidget. I actually created the poll last month when I thought it was a slam dunk that Boris would win with a majority and the Brexit Party wouldn't bother standing. I think today, the situation is a little less clear.

• Thanks Horizon.

I won't vote for Boris because he's going for the slightly amended WA, which is not a true Brexit, and will just lead to more years of 'negotiating' a trade deal with both hands tied behind our back, and possibly being sucked back into the EU. While ever we are still under EU rule (which could be as long as 3+ more years) the Remoaners will never give up.

It's tempting to go for the WA, just to get a 'so-called Brexit' done with, but in my opinion the WA and the following negotiations will never achieve it.

• Thanks Horizon.

I won't vote for Boris because he's going for the slightly amended WA, which is not a true Brexit, and will just lead to more years of 'negotiating' a trade deal with both hands tied behind our back, and possibly being sucked back into the EU. While ever we are still under EU rule (which could be as long as 3+ more years) the Remoaners will never give up.

It's tempting to go for the WA, just to get a 'so-called Brexit' done with, but in my opinion the WA and the following negotiations will never achieve it.

Please do carry on and cote for the Farage mob, and persuade you friends to do like wise. Split the Tory vote and there will be no Brexit

Hurrah :D

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• They need to ally with one another for the election. It's what Farage told them some time ago and they refused. Now they want to. :rolleyes:

Just do it.

• Which MPs are standing down at the election?

The general election date is set and most MPs are entering campaign mode. Others, however, are clearing out their desk for the last time.

The House of Commons will lose more than 750 years of parliamentary experience with more than 50 incumbents preparing to stand down - and there may be more to come.

Here are the ones we know about so far:

Rory Stewart (yeah), Oliver Letwin (double yeah) and John Bercow (triple yeah) are all definitely going, as is Ken Clarke, Nicolas Soames (with the whip restored) Michael (touching knees) Fallon, David Liddington (May's right hand man) are also going.

It's unknown yet whether Dominic Grieve and Phillip Hammond will stand as independents, but it would be good to see the back of those two.

Unfortunately, Labour brexiteers like Kate Hoey are also leaving, as they just aren't welcome in the Momentum dominated Labour party now. Other Labour MPs to go include Labour heavyweight Stephen Pound and Steven Twigg who beat Michael Portillo in the 97 election.

Mr Bean aka Vince Cable also departs, as does Norman Lamb who was excellent on social care. Heidi Allen who only left the Conservatives a few weeks ago, also leaves.

Boris' brother is also going, which is just as well if he cannot support his brother anymore.

The full list is on the link above (click the orange "Quote from BBC News") to load the BBC story, but so far that's over 50 MPs who are officially going. I think we'll all be happy to see the back of many of them, especially Bercow.:)

• Stephen Glover: another messiah who can predict the future, or someone trying to sway the vote?

The Conservatives have zero chance of getting elected in our Labour 'safe seat', but our dishonest and fraudulent Remainer MP has pissed off enough constituents for the Brexit Party to succeed. I check my Remainer MP's facebook page regularly. His safe seat isn't very safe these days.

Apart from that, I want LibLabCon to be wiped from the face of the earth. Their undemocratic machinations over the last few decades are the reason we are in the EU, without electoral consent.

I did like Jo Swinson, but the Lib Dems, as was under Vince Cable, promised that they would honour the referendum result and Swinson has gone back on that promise. But it's tactical and she's probably made a good move and will pick up a lot of remainer votes as apathy with Corbyn's Labour may wipe Labour out at the GE. Like what happened to the Lib Dems in the past.

I think in staunch Labour areas, there is little chance of the Conservatives winning votes, so this does open the door for Farage's party to win some seats and possibly even decide on Brexit itself.

So sorry you have to wait and endure an election on top of that, but things were made practically impossible for Boris from the start. All you really have to worry about is whether the electorate will vote intelligently and make Britain independent of Gina Miller and the EU. X/

Lets hope we never hear from that bloody woman again, but once certain people get a taste of celebrity, it's hard to go back into the shadows again...