General Election December 12th 2019. Poll.

• No, I wouldn't most of the media as being on the hard left like Corbyn, they're the Blairite elites who know better than all of us, or so they believe.

Agreed, not on the HARD left, but still left of centre, as suits a well-salaried virtue-signalling, crowd-feeder-manipulator-propagandist

It has long been true that information was power. We sort of overlooked that this includes fake information, which is seldom exposed as such and only challenged if disliked or disagree with.

I suppose this means that is doesn't much matter whether the media is left- or right of centre; the nub of the problem is that the information peddled or negligently dispensed by the media is, at best, vacuous or meaningless, at worst, misleading or deliberately false.

• "Labour's Tom Watson QUITS: Jeremy Corbyn's deputy rocks the party saying he won't stand for re-election as MP"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…urs-Tom-Watson-QUITS.html

They are starting to desert the sinking ship

In Watson's case, he had no future in a Labour dominated by Momentum, so his choice was to remain and keep fighting everyday or stand down. He made the right choice.

Well, despite Boris losing one of his ministers over that interference in the rape trial, he had a rather good day with Watson and now that ex Labour MP telling voters to vote for Boris.

Has anyone ever heard of a MP or ex MP from one party urging voters to vote for the opposition before? I don't think I have.

Christmas has come early for Boris.:)

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• The thing is, Boris is refusing Farage's overtures now and rightly so, but if Boris doesn't win a majority, he will need Farage.

The Tories are so despised for their incompetence (anyone seen Grayling or Brown on the green benches during the last six months to a year? I haven't, but I'd bet they're still drawing their parliamentary salaries!) and the expenses scandal; Labour is so riven with anti-semitism and divided in many other ways that they could never form a functional cabinet; and the LibDems are embarked upon political suicide as a party for overtly perverting the democratic process, and all of them are bloody traitors too, that surely nobody in their right mind would vote any of them into office? And this is the first general election I've ever known where the opening salvo is about who can borrow the most money to finance their outrageous manifesto lies, and using neuro-linguistic programming to do it - I watched a Labour politico on tv news last night, and he used the word 'deliver' at least 20 times in 5 minutes, and the pledge 'to give £squillions (of that borrowed money when we still have a massive national debt?) to build news hospitals and improve existing ones, recruit thousands of new police, and improve our infrastructure which has deteriorated over 2 decades of neglect.' The point here is that they're so confident that the electorate will actually believe this torrent of lies that all this gesture-politicking amounts to a direct insult to the intelligence of every one of us. But then maybe they're right - the aphorism that 'a populace gets the government it deserves.' might turn out to be true? I expect they have to borrow all of that expenditure for their manifesto pledges because of all the EU contributions which are coming out of the Exchequer coffers? It's the politics of the madhouse!

There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• The Tories today are talking about immigration, and a visa for overseas qualified workers to come here, a visa that will cost £400. I can see them queuing up to come for that!

This will not include health care workers, cleaners, porters, or cooks, the ones who we desperately need to keep the NHS running although we have kicked this into touch says Ms Patel by appointing a committee to look at it

This is the face of the Tories, one of their ministers said that those EU workers who do not have permission to stay after Brexit could be deported. Bottoms in the NHS left unwiped, patients left unwashed and hungry with nobody to accompany them for treatment etc, agricultural products unsown or unpicked

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• The Tories today are talking about immigration, and a visa for overseas qualified workers to come here, a visa that will cost £400. I can see them queuing up to come for that!

This will not include health care workers, cleaners, porters, or cooks, the ones who we desperately need to keep the NHS running although we have kicked this into touch says Ms Patel by appointing a committee to look at it

This is the face of the Tories, one of their ministers said that those EU workers who do not have permission to stay after Brexit could be deported. Bottoms in the NHS left unwiped, patients left unwashed and hungry with nobody to accompany them for treatment etc, agricultural products unsown or unpicked

The Tories today are talking about immigration, and a visa for overseas qualified workers to come here, a visa that will cost £400. I can see them queuing up to come for that!

So which are you going to vote for bl, the ruthless Tories or the anti-semitic racist Labour party?

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• Neither, I'm a LibDem and an ardent Remainer

Oh yes, you're the one who wants to remain so your missus can benefit for a bit more cash. and you want unelected foreigners to govern our country. So not only are you a traitor and anti-democratic, you're selfish too. Not a very nice individual in other words?

• God it's so depressing that all the hyperbole has started with the 'jam tomorrow' pledges. It just shows how much contempt they have for us that they just pluck numbers out of the air, and promise they'll be met 'if we win the general election', and expect us to believe it all? Johnson promised '500 new hospitals, 10 thousand new police officers', and £squillions on education'. And added to that now is '500 more GPs a year' 50 million more GP slots (whatever the fuck that means!) ; and Corbyn's promising a '£1b Sure Start upgrade', 'eradicate food banks and rough sleeping over (get this?) 5 years', and 'expand free child care', 'maternity allowances for a whole year', and the ludicrous promises get ever more extravagant. Why the hell do we put up with this condescension and outright lying and abject contempt from them? Time to 'drain the Westminster swamp' because they're now taking the piss out of us.

• That's the choice from the main tribes which is why the Lib Dems are gaining support, not only for their promise to Remain but their honest policies

Johnson can mop as many floors as he likes, and Corbyn can follow his Marxist dream but the people can see through the hard right and left policies

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• That's the choice from the main tribes which is why the Lib Dems are gaining support, not only for their promise to Remain but their honest policies

Johnson can mop as many floors as he likes, and Corbyn can follow his Marxist dream but the people can see through the hard right and left policies

Yes, I can see why you fit in quite well with the LibDems. Traitors and bigots of a feather flock together.

• Oh yes, you're the one who wants to remain so your missus can benefit for a bit more cash. and you want unelected foreigners to govern our country. So not only are you a traitor and anti-democratic, you're selfish too. Not a very nice individual in other words?

Yes, I can see why you fit in quite well with the LibDems. Traitors and bigots of a feather flock together.

Please read these: Posting guidelines - Please read which are posted at the top of every forum and especially this bit:

A. Member Behaviour

1. Keep it friendly

Members should engage with one another in a friendly and positive way, but that does not mean that robust discussion on a topic is prohibited, far from it! But if a discussion becomes too heated, excessive swearing is used and or personal insults are thrown around (don't insult someone's mother/private bits, being the obvious ones) then warnings will be issued. You can attack the argument as much as you like, just not the person.

Thank you.

• One thing is for sure: Cerberus is unconnected with Cerebral. Although might be its opposite. Makes Darioush seem a sweetie pie by comparison.

Please don't bar him. He makes me seem passable!

• One thing is for sure: Cerberus is unconnected with Cerebral. Although might be its opposite. Makes Darioush seem a sweetie pie by comparison.

Oh, you're a shit stirrer.:evil: But at least you've been nice to some of our new members recently, which makes a pleasant change.:whistling: No one get barred unless they repeatedly ignore me.

Now, back to the election. I'm surprised you've been so quiet on the issue, although I suppose its pretty much a foregone conclusion that Corbyn will lose, or will he...?

Would you care to expand on that snidey (personal) remark please?

• Good! Another useless and corrupt MP gone.

• Good! Another useless and corrupt MP gone.

That's what associating with rent boys, and cocaine and getting found out, gets you

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Boris has just, in effect, won the election and if he doesn't get Brexit done this time around, he probably will end up dead in a ditch somewhere.

A wise move by Farage.

• Boris has just, in effect, won the election and if he doesn't get Brexit done this time around, he probably will end up dead in a ditch somewhere.

A wise move by Farage.

Otherwise it's wake up and smell the coffee

A busted flush, what else do you expect from a charlatan

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Poor Emily Thornberry was on GMB this morning trying to defend and explain Labour's or rather Corbyn's Brexit and Trident policy

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Yes. It's a sign that Farage is dedicated to Brexit, as always, and not to anything the media have tried to pin on him.

Farage puts country before party, unlike the others. Such a disgusting shame that LibLabCon don't care a toss about sovereignty or democracy!

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Yes. It's a sign that Farage is dedicated to Brexit, as always, and not to anything the media have tried to pin on him.

I've not seen it, but the Daily Mail ran a double page article today calling for Farage to stand down his people, so it looks like he listened in part, his still running candidates in Labour areas the conservatives want to win.

• Boris needs to win seats from Labour to achieve a significant majority. If Brexit takes those seats it will mean that Boris has the same number of seats that he has now, and another hung Parliament

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I've not seen it, but the Daily Mail ran a double page article today calling for Farage to stand down his people, so it looks like he listened in part, his still running candidates in Labour areas the conservatives want to win.

So he should. There are many people in Labour held areas who will never vote for the Conservatives even if the Brexit Party withdraw their candidates, especially in the North. There is a very good chance of the Brexit Party taking those seats, and any Brexit Party MP's will most definitely not be Remainers fraudulently posing as Leavers in order to get elected.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Of that, we can be assured.:)

I'm waiting to see if Dominic Grieve gets knocked out. His local area have now selected their choice to stand as the official conservative candidate.

• So he should. There are many people in Labour held areas who will never vote for the Conservatives even if the Brexit Party withdraw their candidates, especially in the North. There is a very good chance of the Brexit Party taking those seats, and any Brexit Party MP's will most definitely not be Remainers fraudulently posing as Leavers in order to get elected.

Perhaps they will vote LibDem

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out