New plastic £10 note to be revealed. Will it be as bad as the £5 note?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • The full design of the new plastic £10 note will be revealed by Bank of England governor Mark Carney at Winchester Cathedral on Tuesday.

The note, which follows the polymer £5 note into circulation, is likely to be available for use in September.

New plastic £10 note

=====

I hate the new fivers with a passion. They can stick, the print can come off and as had been proved, they are made with animal products. Something some religious groups and vegans are aghast at.

Will the new £10 notes be better, or repeat the same mistakes?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Have you not had any of them stick together, Hoxton?

I find them awful to get out of a wallet.

• Half a cow's worth of tallow for 329 million notes...

New fiver is fine, more of the same using the rest of the tallow please.

:D

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Wouldn't the tallow be a byproduct of the meat industry anyway?

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Would have thought so Ron, but it still upsets the religious types.

• Religious types not need a reason to be upset, just because some people don't follow their particular religion is enough for them.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Wouldn't the tallow be a byproduct of the meat industry anyway?

Most probably from the pet food industry where the old time expired milkers go.

I'm quite happy with the plastic fivers so the tenners aren't an issue for me. I'm sure it's only the brand new notes that tend to cling. Even the old fivers were like that when unused.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Shoppers have expressed their annoyance at receiving old £1 coins in change, a week before businesses can refuse to accept them.

From 16 October, the round £1 coin will no longer be legal tender as it is fully replaced by the 12-sided version.

Just posting this here, as I'm trying to use existing threads for similar topics, rather than creating new ones.

Bloody Co-Op gave me a load of old pound coins last week. Why don't shops trains their staff to stop handing them out.

One week left and then its good bye to the old pound coins.

• Reminder:

You only have a few days left to get rid of your old £10 notes if you still have any.

They cease to be legal tender from this Thursday, 1st March.

Anyway keeping an old one for posterity sake? I think I've still got one, which I will keep hold of.

• I wonder whether you can actually fold the new note?

German, with different opinions.

Please correct my spelling and grammar mistakes ;)

• You can fold them Jens, the main difference between the plastic notes and the old paper ones, is one of touch. The plastic notes feel, err, plasticy to touch (:)), shiny, and I find they tend to slip out of the hand easier.

BTW: If you have any news about Merkel, what's going on with the German government, please post in the other thread about it. Not been following much news this week, as have been busy with other things.

• The plastic notes feel, err, plasticy to touch ( :) ), shiny, and I find they tend to slip out of the hand easier.

Uh, I like to try them out once I'm in the UK :)

German, with different opinions.

Please correct my spelling and grammar mistakes ;)

• I'm getting used to the new notes a bit now, Jens. If you read earlier in this thread, you will know that our £5 notes became plastic notes too.

Once the plastic notes have been folded a few times and stuffed in wallets and pockets, they get easier to use.

• I find I tend not to carry any physical money as I tend to use my debit card for purchases and paying bills online or by direct debit.

• Yeah, I do use a debit card most of the time myself, but I do still like to pay for some things in cash. Everytime you use a card, it tells your bank your spending habits and it just gives them too much info, in my opinion.

• Yeah, I do use a debit card most of the time myself, but I do still like to pay for some things in cash. Everytime you use a card, it tells your bank your spending habits and it just gives them too much info, in my opinion.

This is very true. I like to use my debit card, especially with contactless these days, for shopping and petrol but I always have enough cash to back up the purchase. That is a consequence of being very hand to mouth at times and the embarrasment of the card not being accepted.

OT. I'm very happy with the new tenners as well as the fivers. I guess the £20 will be next.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.