Lock up your wives, OJ Simpson is about to be freed!

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• Former US football star and actor OJ Simpson has been granted parole after nine years in a Nevada prison.

"Thank you!" said the 70-year-old, bowing his head as the board approved him for release.

OJ to be freed

=====

Having spent "some" time watching the trial of OJ Simpson over the murder of his wife, the fact he is being released after a prison sentence for a unrelated matter, has piqued my interest.

I still think he was guilt for murdering his wife and the best place him (and everyone else) is for him to remain in prison.

Did you watch the OJ trial all those years ago?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• No, but I watched another celeb trial in SA, the killing of model Reeva Steenkamp by her boyfriend Oscar Pistorius. (Oops, I thought you were burglar, etc.) Celebs are perceived to be the same as ordinary folk. That, if nothing else, becomes apparent the longer one observes how much they get away with by comparison to how harshly similar cases are treated.

Humans love their godmen. We have one as the icon of our salvation, after all. ;)

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• About time for a few godwomen, don't you think? As we're into the age of equal opportunities and gender re-balancing:).

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Ah, godwomen! But then quite a lot of us are secret witches and there are one or two who might aspire to being goddesses. But we never tell anyone about our dual natures and just get the giggles every time someone says we need to know our place. 8)

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore