Why did you vote for brexit?

• Why did you vote for Brexit 6

The result is only visible to the participants.

Why did you vote for Brexit?

If one of your reasons isn't on the list, before you vote, post a reply, and I will add it so you can vote for it.

Multiple choices allowed.

Edited once, last by Horizon: Edited the poll to allow multiple choices to be made. ().

• I would have also added because the EU is undemocratic. So confirmation ( So far at least.) that all Brexiteers aren't Little Englander racists who want to deport all those damned Johnny Foreigners.

• I've edited the poll and bks' post to allow multiple votes and to allow votes to be changed too, if people wish to alter their votes.

I can't restrain myself to just three options.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I've edited the poll and bks' post to allow multiple votes and to allow votes to be changed too, if people wish to alter their votes.

I can't restrain myself to just three options.

I wish you hadn't. Its undermined the analysis I was going to do on the results. Getting people to select the three that are the most important to them was an important part of the premise.

• I think if there's a clear yes or no type answer, then only one answer should be allowed. That's how I've done the other polls here, but this is a different type of poll.

This is something I have actually mentioned to the developer, as I dislike the ability to be able to select the exact amount of responses that can be made to vote. I think polls should either be one vote allowed, or multiple, unlimited votes allowed.

I can't possibly tell you what my top three votes are. Unlike you, I neither then at the time of the vote, or now, analyse such things to such a granular level. I can tell you what my top priority was, and that was for controlling immigration, but on your vote options, that covers at least 4 different options over your limit of 3:

To restablish the primacy of UK Courts - needed to control immigration.

To 'get our sovereignty back - all part of controlling immigration.

To reduce immigration to 10s of 1000s

To have immigrants sent back to their countries of origin

I probably could have selected the EU being undemocratic option too, which is related. So your limit is, to excuse the pun, too limiting for me.

If you're unhappy with the change, go ahead and delete the thread. In the future, when such changes are made, members will be automatically informed by the software of such changes, and can appeal the decision but I've not installed those functions yet.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• You are missing the point, but I cant explain the point, and why those questions are all subtly different as there is a danger it would influence responses and skew the results.

The reason for limiting the choices to three was to force prioritisation. It was by design. Now for example, when I come to analyse the relative weighted importance of the options to people against those who voted, Ron Manager effectively cancelled himself out, because he has selected every option.

the future, when such changes are made, members will be automatically informed by the software of such changes, and can appeal the decision but I've not installed those functions yet.

Whether it goes through an appeal button or I appeal to you outside it. I've appealed to you and explained the reason why I set up the poll the way I did.

If you're unhappy with the change, go ahead and delete the thread

If this is your final decision despite my appeal, that's up to you. But how does that sort of response do anything more than encourage the loss of content, and discourage people from posting. Its counter productive to the aim of building up content to attract more people to the site. Its cutting your nose off to spite your face if you think about it.