What are you currently watching?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Whether tv or film, what are you currently watching right now?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Just seen the Passchendaele commemorations from Flanders on BBC2. Excellent, absolutely superb.

It was the first of three special World War 1 programmes and hopefully should be available on iplayer soon.

The lighting effects on the church were superb.

• Midsomer Murders, a couple pf hours ago.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Did you managed to get through it without being bored to death.;):)

I did use to love all that stuff, and in my household, we do have those programmes still on either on ITV3 (one of the offshoot channels off the main ITV channel) or they show that stuff on another channels called Albi or Drama.

Those shows are a reminder, don't come to quaint little English villages, as someone always gets murdered every week and no Jessica Fletcher around either.:) (She's a serial killer in disguise, in my opinion.)

• Before that I saw The Full Monty for about the third time. Love that film.

• It is a good film and pure British. Not seen it in ages, not that I've seen many films or tv in recent years. Was intending to catch up on some tv and films I've missed, but "other" things take over.

Anyway, got to go for now. Duty calls and after that, it'll be Game of Thrones. Decided not to stay up half the night and watch it. I needed my beauty sleep instead.

• Just watched the 3rd episode of Game of Thrones for the second time, today.

Love this series.

• Just slept through Rosewood if that counts. So tired at the moment I seem to just see the beginning of a programme, most frustrating.

• Not familiar with that series Jo, is it any good?

• American cop candy. Amusing interactions between the main characters and comfortable story lines. :)

• Ok. I'll add it to my list of stuff to check out.

• just finished watching an old gangster series on dvd from 1969 called "Spindoe". Dated, but very good. Ray McAnnally is superb in it as is Richard Hurndall. One of the better 60s drama series imo.

Loon.

• Just finished watching episode 4 of Game of Thrones and I'm going to see it at least one more time today.

• ...that's another one I've not heard of before. Add that to the list to check out.

• Jamie Oliver does Marrakesh. - Food Network.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Food Network is on Freeview as well as the other platforms. Can't really see that vanishing.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I have recently seen The Next Three Days. It was good, about a man whose wife was wrongly imprisoned for murder and his plan to break her out of jail. It had whatshisname in it, who played the Gladiator.

• Russell Crowe.

I'll add that to my list.:thumbup:

• We get Antiques Road Show at the mo. I love it.

• Jamie (Oliver) does Venice. - Food Network

4312-gwban-gif

• Goodnight, folks, I'm off to watch Pointless.

• We get Antiques Road Show at the mo. I love it.

Look out for the the road trip version as it is very interesting.

Two antique experts travel around an area calling into Antique shops and spend a set amount of money. At the end of each day they take what they have bought to an Auction and we see the items sold off and any profits are then used to buy more antiques the following day. Each show cover 5 days buying and selling and at the end of the week the expert with the highest overall profit is declared the winner. All the profits go to the expert's chosen charity.

I think the eye opener is how badly some experts are at finding items that will make a profit, especially when some of them are actually antique auctioneers. :D

• Is that similar to BBC Bargain Hunt? Tim Wonnacott was replaced through some political correctness manoeuvre so I would think any shows without him would be dull. I found that the bargain hunters tended to chose items that were often bizarre, rather than some that yell at you, "Buy me, I'm a better investment!" On the other hand, some items were lovely and received luke warm responses at auction. The trendiness problem. :(

• Man vs Food - Food network

Yea gods!

4312-gwban-gif