Another one bites the dust in Trump's team. Who's next?

• White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer has quit, reportedly in protest at an organisational shake-up.

Mr Spicer stepped down because he was unhappy with President Donald Trump's appointment of a new communications director, according to reports.

Combative Wall Street financier Anthony Scaramucci has been picked for the role that Mr Spicer partially filled.

Did Spicer reflect Trump's thinking or was Spicer just nuts in his own right? Did Trump get rid of him?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has been fired after fewer than 10 days in the post.

The former Wall Street financier had drawn criticism after calling a reporter to give a profanity-laced tirade against his own colleagues.

President Donald Trump's chief of staff, Reince Priebus, and spokesman, Sean Spicer, both left their posts after Mr Scaramucci's appointment.

Supposedly, Trump is meant to be a decent businessmen, but I wonder... He has made so many poor staff decisions as well as many other bad judgements on other matters too, I question whether he is really capable to run a company let alone a country.

So, this Scaramucci has gone (sound's like one of the Godfather films to me) who will bite the dust next? Place your bets.

• White House chief strategist Steve Bannon is the latest top aide of President Donald Trump to leave his post.

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed that Friday was his last day.

His exit follows a review of his position by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.

Mr Bannon, who helped shape Mr Trump's "America First" campaign message, is returning as head of Breitbart.com, and says he will remain loyal.

I was going to post this in the far right thread I created the other day, but stuck it here instead, although it's clearly linked.

So, out of Trump's original top team we only have the "charming" vice-president left.

Is this a sign that Trump is finally getting a grip and removing the nuts from his team, or just another example of how totally inept he is? The fact that he hired Bannon in the first place who had links to the far right, was quite bizarre.

• Firstly, as I know next to nothing of American politics, how far is "far right "? Is it a tad traditionalist, or way over there with pointy hats?

There, in a mauve light of drifted lupins,

They hung in the cupped hands of mountains

Made of tingling atoms.- Ted Hughes

• Depends on who is using the term. When I say far right, I mean extremists like nazis, kkk, etc. But when many American liberals use the term they mean very conservative/traditionalist like the presenters of Fox News, Dick Cheney etc

Bannon was on both sides of that. He ran, and I gather is back at the job, of the ultra conservative Breitbart News, but he also has direct links with the KKK and white suprematists, not least his son is one of them. So, when Trump announced his appointment as his chief adviser, or co chief adviser as it was then, that raised eyebrows.

• It was either Bannon's son or his first national security adviser, Flynn, I can't remember which. I'll check.

Do you see now why there are a lot of questions about Trump?

• Beginning to. But they can dump him at the next election if he proves to be useless. That's democracy.

• As I've said before, I don't think Trump is bad and certainly not evil, but he is useless.

He is used to being god in his own domain which he fully controls and now he is out of that environment, it all goes to pot. If he did a little less twittering and stopped wondering what ratings the Apprentice is getting without out him on that show, perhaps as a non-politician he could've brought genuine change for the Americans, but he's simply not that person. He's far, far more interested in himself than anything or anyone else.

• Looks like it. I agree about the Twitter account. That puts him in the popular culture/celeb bracket and this is at a time when popular culture icons are leaving social media at a rate of knots.

• US President Donald Trump has sacked Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, replacing him with the director of the CIA, Mike Pompeo.

Thanking Mr Tillerson for his service on Twitter, Mr Trump said the new state secretary would do "a fantastic job".

Trump would genuinely make Putin proud. Anyone who disagrees with him, gets the door, although I suppose that's better than the firing squad!

I guess Tillerson wasn't so happy that after announcing there would be no American talks with the North Koreans, Trump announced the exact opposite two hours later.

Tillerson was experienced, soon all that will be left in Trump's team is a bunch of inexperienced children, a bit like himself.

• Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe has been sacked days before he could retire with pension rights.

He was fired by US Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who said an internal review found he leaked information and misled investigators.

Trump's on a roll this week. Another one bites the dust and loses his pension rights as a result.

Is Trump completely out of control?

• President Trump replaces US National Security Adviser H R McMaster with Bush-era defence hawk John Bolton

Anyone who followed the toppling of Saddam Hussein will remember John Bolton. He's about as big a hawk as there can be and very anti Putin which could be good news for us. But as I said in the previous post, it really does seem Trump is losing control.

In related news, Trump's lawyer stepped down too today. See the separate thread on Trump and the Russians about that.

• Between the last post from August last year and my post the other day, Trump has actually fired several more people not mentioned here. I think he is just too used to getting his own way and if anyone disagrees with him, they're out.

• US Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin has fired a parting shot at the White House a day after being fired by President Donald Trump.

Mr Shulkin said figures within the administration were planning to privatise veterans' healthcare, and he lost his job because he opposed them.

Another bites the dust.

As shown by Heero's pic above, I think The Donald still thinks he's in his Apprentice tv show and each week somebody must get fired. Who's next? He's been making grumbling noises about his son in law Jared Kushner, that would be a interesting sacking...8o

• Is the Attorney General the next one to get the boot?

US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has responded to Donald Trump's latest attack on him by insisting that the justice department he heads will not bend to political pressure.

The apparent rebuke of Mr Trump came after the president said Mr Sessions was not in control of his department.

Mr Trump has been vociferous in his criticism of the Department of Justice.

He has been particularly riled by its handling of the inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Ok, so I'm a bit premature here, but this story from last week about tensions between Sessions and Trump can only end one way. Sessions will get the boot.

Interestingly, the BBC say that Trump is starting to get nervous and is worried that if he sacks Sessions, that may fan the fire rumours of him and Russian collusion, so it looks like Sessions is safe for now.

Sessions was a early supporter of Trump, so it looks like that has come back to bite him. I have no sympathy for him at all.

Are there any of Trump's original team left now, or have they all been replaced at least once?

How long will Sessions last?

• America's ambassador to the UN resigns

US President Donald Trump has accepted the surprise resignation of UN Ambassador Nikki Haley.

He told reporters in the Oval Office alongside Mrs Haley that she would be leaving the post at the end of the year after doing "an incredible job".

One of the few women in the Trump cabinet, the 46-year-old former South Carolina governor gave no reason for her exit after two years.

But she dismissed speculation she was planning to run for president in 2020.

This is strange.

I've watched her quite about in the security council over all the stuff the Russians have been getting up to and she strikes me as a very competent person. Perhaps that's the problem when it comes to working for someone like Trump. He wants sheep, not colleagues under him.

• Chief of Staff John Kelly to retire at the end of the year

US President Donald Trump has named Mick Mulvaney, the director of the office of management and budget, as acting White House chief of staff.

Mr Mulvaney, 51, replaces General John Kelly, who is leaving by the end of the year.

In a tweet, Mr Trump described Mr Kelly as a "great patriot", who had served the country with distinction.

But earlier this year, General Kelly was forced to deny he had called Mr Trump an "idiot".

Trump never really left his tv show. He still fires someone pretty much every week!^^

• Ryan Zinke: US interior secretary to leave administration

Former Navy Seal Ryan Zinke has been embroiled in a series of alleged ethics violations.

Another one bites the dust.

Trump must think its the Christmas edition of the Apprentice.

• US Defence Secretary Jim Mattis will be retiring "with distinction" at the end of February, President Donald Trump announced on Thursday.

Mr Trump tweeted that General Mattis "was a great help to me in getting allies and other countries to pay their share of military obligations".

It comes a day after the president's controversial announcement that all US troops would be withdrawn from Syria.

A great loss, not only to Trump, but to the security of the world. Clearly, Mattis wasn't happy with how Trump has been dealing with the Russians and China, saying that America should be unambiguous with them. I agree.

• Oh, that's a biggie. Trump has made a mistake here. Bolton is very hard line, but also very knowledgeable.