Biblical Plagues: Is the world about to end?

• Almost entirely off subject but talking of reporters and forecasts I came across this this morning -

(Mod note: Indeed, so I've created a new thread for your post. I love this stuff! Horizon)

The world is about to end, according to news websites. But it's almost certainly not.

Multiple news reports are claiming that the end of the world might be about to arrive. "End Of The World ‘Weeks Away’ After Biblical Plagues Start On Earth", one reads, while another claims that "End of World ‘IN WEEKS’ as signs '10 Bible plagues to destroy Earth have started’".

One of them begins "THE end of the world is coming in weeks and the first of the Biblical 10 plagues have already been seen, according to extraordinary claims". But those extraordinary claims should come with extraordinary evidence – and while there are some strange things going on, the apocalypse simply isn't about to arrive.

http://www.independent.co.uk/n…et-x-nibiru-a7868766.html

I hadn't read about any of this nonsense previously but it's been a while since we had an apocalyptic forecast so I'm not really surprised that we are allegedly facing our doom again. I like the reassurance. ( ' Almost certainly not.????) 8|

Mind you, judging by the way some reports are predicting our political and economic collapse after Brexit, we British are doomed anyway.;) )

Edited once, last by Horizon: Moved to a new thread off its own. ().

• I am on a restricted diet to try to prepare me for an operation. It has been a most unpleasant couple of weeks with a couple more to follow so if the world ends before I have the operation I will be seriously annoyed!!!!!!!!

• It would be most inconvenient, I agree.:)

Sorry to hear about your problems, Jo. :|

I've only read a few of your posts on CF, so beyond the fact that I know you are unwell, that's all I know.

In my household, restrictions on certain foods are a norm too, so I do have some insights into these kind of issues.

Stay strong and all the best for the op. You'll come out stronger and better than ever.:thumbup::thumbup::)

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• A couple of people at work have come down with nasty colds, most likely the beginning of the 2nd biblical plague. Might as well forget your restricted diet Jo and get back on the beer and chocolate.

• Well I'm sure we're well overdue for some sort of flu pandemic or if something like ebola became more infectious. Maybe it would be the salvation of the Earth, a cull of say 95% of the humans on the planet would be very good for the rest of the organisms here.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

Red = Mod. Abide by it.

• Well I have just been informed that my operation has been cancelled until my immune system is brought back under control. So I don't know whether the fates are on my side and I can go back to a more normal diet .... or ... the fates are just fattening me up and lulling me into a false sense of security so that I can witness the end of civilisation as we know it. Either way I am going to have a slap up meal and a bottle of wine this weekend and for many weekends to follow. So roll on the apocalypse I've got my first 'last meal' of many sorted. :D

• Enjoy your weekend meal, Jo.:)

If the apocalypse comes and I'm still around to see it, I will go into the sweet shop and rob it. Then clear out the cake shop next and finally, into Currys. I'll steal the loudest sound system I can get my hands on and use it to terrorise my neighbours while stuffing myself with chocolate and cakes.:evil:

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Well I have just been informed that my operation has been cancelled until my immune system is brought back under control. So I don't know whether the fates are on my side and I can go back to a more normal diet .... or ... the fates are just fattening me up and lulling me into a false sense of security so that I can witness the end of civilisation as we know it. Either way I am going to have a slap up meal and a bottle of wine this weekend and for many weekends to follow. So roll on the apocalypse I've got my first 'last meal' of many sorted. :D

You enjoy yourself, sunshine. I think that life always looks better when seen through the bottom of an empty glass - or two. ;)

One of my favourite anecdotes is of the time when my beloved was feeling the pressures of life a bit and she went to the doctor for something to help her cope. He said to her 'Do you smoke? - Yes. 'Do you drink?' -Yes - 'Well go home and have a fag and a glass of wine and you'll feel better.'

Probably the best advice any doctor could give.

So sorry you are facing health problems, Jo. :( Hope everything will be all right.