Anything for the weekend?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Just thought I would start a thread so we can post what we have planned for the weekend, whether it going out, staying in or whatever?

I very rarely go out at the weekend and this week probably won't be any different, probably rent a couple of movies from Amazon for tonight they do a special deal for prime members where you can rent selected movies for £1.99 instead of £4.99.

So what does everyone else have planned if anything?

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Im not doing anything ; my partners in lancaster defending a client until mon/ tues, My mates are at the County Show which I didnt fancy this year, so Ive booked us a Holiday for Sept. and watched for the first time, Lawrence of Arabia . Never seen it right through. Today, Im going to ring me Muvver, then watch Zulu , as again- Ive never seen it right through.

Tomorrow Im out for lunch :)

Loon.

• I very rarely go out anytime, weekend or not, so it's a good job I have a certain website to keep me busy.:)

But next Sunday, I am hoping I will be taken to a garden centre to have a look around. I don't drive and all the garden centres in my area need cars to get to them.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I might get my Lawrence of Arabia and Zulu DVDs out too. Damn fine films, them.

• Got both as 1080P downloads. Not yet viewed. One could be this evenings film for us. After the trip back from Cornwall we need to veg out in front of the box.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Ah, your back, how did the weeding go?

• There's actually quite a bit on tv this evening that might be of interest. There's a comedy film on BBC2 at 10.30 tonight and 10 minutes before that is a film version of Mrs Brown's Boys, which I have not seen.

In a hour's time I am going to watch "Royal Cousins at War" and on Quest or the other Discovery channels, are doing a series on NASA and their discoveries, so different options for me there. Plus, I'm doing a bit of forum setup stuff as well, just trying to find a way to get the American English banished from this site forever.

• Yep, back and playing catchup. Weeds? Mullered it m8.:)

Did a load of downloads a few months ago, mostly the classics that we don't already have the disks for as I feel they've already earned their dough. Recent stuff I like to get the disks or paid download sets for the extras. Big reserve for weekend and particularly Saturday evening viewing as the main TV channels seem to have given up on quality entertainment.

Wasn't that what the barbers used to ask? "Something for the weekend sir?" ^^

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I watched the dvd films-both very good !

Tomorrow Im going in the car to the steam railway nearby as they have a little fete on in the carpark :)

Loon.

• Watched a film rented from Amazon last night called 'Passengers' I can highly recommend it if you are into scifi space type films.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• We watched Zulu last night. Good film but from today's perspective the racism was uncomfortable viewing.

4312-gwban-gif

• Well off out shortly to visit Mumsy, I visit her every Sunday whether she wants me to or not, will be back later for a full roast chicken Sunday lunch, and then chill out watching another film this afternoon.

• Here we are again, just taken a glance at the TV listings for tonight and it looks like another crap night of Saturday night TV so I will be looking elsewhere for my viewing pleasure this evening.

• I was hoping to go out tomorrow to a garden centre but I had a long walk on Monday after two weeks of no exercise and injured my calf muscle which is killing me, so I'm on the lookout for good shows too.

Someone has recommended to me that the Handmaiden's Tale on Amazon Prime is worth a watch. It's about a future America ruled by warlords where most people are infertile, so I might give that a try. But I would prefer something a little bit more uplifting instead. :)

• I just watched Snow White and the Huntsman. I happen to love folktales, so the latest trend in turning them into films with excellent special effects has proved successful. I saw Cinderella, which they did not mess up and Snow White and the Huntsman was wonderful. Charlize Theron as the wicked Queen and the Twilight lady for Snow White. Twilight lady isn't ethereally beautiful enough to compete with Charlize's queen in the film, but there is something about her that I like. Her boyish figure, her buck teeth, her ordinariness, made her famous in the Twilight films but even as Snow White, she brings compassion and empathy to her role as a future queen, a force of Nature in the film, that will heal what is destroyed by greed hubris and sheer selfish narcissism.

Two scenes stood out for me; the one where a troll (beautifully rendered) backs down when she penetrates his being with her compassion, and the central achievement of the vision of the White Hart in the core of the eleven forest, which is the opposite of the evil forest they have to get through to find the centre of Nature's being. The fairies were well rendered too. Didn't have dragon fly wings or gender and were pure spirits of Nature.

Snow White's brother is the beautiful one in this film. But she is the heir and she finally conquers the evil queen's need to consume youth to keep herself from aging. All round fabulous production. So was Cinderella.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• I'm not a footy fan but isn't this the Seagulls first premier league outing?

We'll be looking through the downloads for our evenings entertainment seeing as mainstream TV has given up on Saturday evenings.

4312-gwban-gif

• After some housework I've been neglecting, I will start another watercolour. Nice sunny day so I'll stretch the paper and it can dry in the meantime. :)

• ...hopefully minus spray painting from a certain direction

• Mr Wing had a word. Will have to see if it had any effect.

• I think we're going to watch something seriously un-PC. Toss up at the moment between Blazing Saddles and The Magic Christian. Film notable for cameos by some of our greatest comic masters: Spike Milligan as an officious traffic warden, Patrick Cargil as a Christies auctioneer, members of the python team as cheating boat race competitors and Yul Brynner as a "female" singer of "Mad about the boys" until the bloke "she's" singing to suddenly realises about the wig. LOL.

2300-11833.gif

4312-gwban-gif

• Spike Milligan was an absolute master. Totally insane, but totally hilarious.

• going across to the coast tomorrow ( an hour away) for a stagger about, cup of tea at the coastal cafe & a sit on the benches amongst the sand dunes to read my book for a couple of hours. Its forcast at 21c & no rain so thatll do !

I might drive along the coastal bay after & go into the town. Theres a luvly bakers by the pier ??

• Watched the film Logan last night which is part of the X-men series and is Hugh Jackman's last appearance as the title character Logan better known as Wolverine, highly recommended if you are a X-men films fan, should warn that it is a little bit blood thirsty in parts. usual Sunday for me today visit mumsy, home for Sunday roast and then afternoon chilling watching a film or 2, sadly Poldark finished last week so will have to find something else to watch tonight..

• We actually ended up watching "The Wild Geese" and also ended up wondering who in it was still alive.:(

4312-gwban-gif

• We actually ended up watching "The Wild Geese" and also ended up wondering who in it was still alive.:(

hardly anyone !

Its a great hammy old action potboiler though- I like it . Good drama & well made.

Loon.

• going across to the coast tomorrow ( an hour away) for a stagger about, cup of tea at the coastal cafe & a sit on the benches amongst the sand dunes to read my book for a couple of hours. Its forcast at 21c & no rain so thatll do !

I might drive along the coastal bay after & go into the town. Theres a luvly bakers by the pier ??

Hope you enjoyed your day, ming mong.

As I said in the Endless Thread, I'm stuck inside.:(

• Watched the film Logan last night which is part of the X-men series and is Hugh Jackman's last appearance as the title character Logan better known as Wolverine, highly recommended if you are a X-men films fan, should warn that it is a little bit blood thirsty in parts. usual Sunday for me today visit mumsy, home for Sunday roast and then afternoon chilling watching a film or 2, sadly Poldark finished last week so will have to find something else to watch tonight..

I watched the first 2 or perhaps 3 xmen films, liked those. Not quite sure where I'm up to now, but will definitely watch Logan at some point.

Not seen Poldark yet. As I've said on other threads, I tend not to watch normal, linear tv now. It's all catch up and on demand services, so when the main channels do put something on, I tend to miss them. But will catch up with Poldark at some point.

I like that kind of stuff, the series Sean Bean was in (name escapes at the moment) and Hornblower were favourites of mine from that era.

• I like that kind of stuff, the series Sean Bean was in (name escapes at the moment) and Hornblower were favourites of mine from that era.

Sharpe?

4312-gwban-gif

• Yep, that's it. That was brilliant.

Whatever happened to ITV? It's just wall to wall shit on now.