Anything for the weekend?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Just thought I would start a thread so we can post what we have planned for the weekend, whether it going out, staying in or whatever?

I very rarely go out at the weekend and this week probably won't be any different, probably rent a couple of movies from Amazon for tonight they do a special deal for prime members where you can rent selected movies for £1.99 instead of £4.99.

So what does everyone else have planned if anything?

• Im not doing anything ; my partners in lancaster defending a client until mon/ tues, My mates are at the County Show which I didnt fancy this year, so Ive booked us a Holiday for Sept. and watched for the first time, Lawrence of Arabia . Never seen it right through. Today, Im going to ring me Muvver, then watch Zulu , as again- Ive never seen it right through.

Tomorrow Im out for lunch :)

• I very rarely go out anytime, weekend or not, so it's a good job I have a certain website to keep me busy.:)

But next Sunday, I am hoping I will be taken to a garden centre to have a look around. I don't drive and all the garden centres in my area need cars to get to them.

• There's actually quite a bit on tv this evening that might be of interest. There's a comedy film on BBC2 at 10.30 tonight and 10 minutes before that is a film version of Mrs Brown's Boys, which I have not seen.

In a hour's time I am going to watch "Royal Cousins at War" and on Quest or the other Discovery channels, are doing a series on NASA and their discoveries, so different options for me there. Plus, I'm doing a bit of forum setup stuff as well, just trying to find a way to get the American English banished from this site forever.

• Yep, back and playing catchup. Weeds? Mullered it m8.:)

Did a load of downloads a few months ago, mostly the classics that we don't already have the disks for as I feel they've already earned their dough. Recent stuff I like to get the disks or paid download sets for the extras. Big reserve for weekend and particularly Saturday evening viewing as the main TV channels seem to have given up on quality entertainment.

Wasn't that what the barbers used to ask? "Something for the weekend sir?" ^^

• I watched the dvd films-both very good !

Tomorrow Im going in the car to the steam railway nearby as they have a little fete on in the carpark :)

• Well off out shortly to visit Mumsy, I visit her every Sunday whether she wants me to or not, will be back later for a full roast chicken Sunday lunch, and then chill out watching another film this afternoon.

• Here we are again, just taken a glance at the TV listings for tonight and it looks like another crap night of Saturday night TV so I will be looking elsewhere for my viewing pleasure this evening.

• I was hoping to go out tomorrow to a garden centre but I had a long walk on Monday after two weeks of no exercise and injured my calf muscle which is killing me, so I'm on the lookout for good shows too.

Someone has recommended to me that the Handmaiden's Tale on Amazon Prime is worth a watch. It's about a future America ruled by warlords where most people are infertile, so I might give that a try. But I would prefer something a little bit more uplifting instead. :)

• I just watched Snow White and the Huntsman. I happen to love folktales, so the latest trend in turning them into films with excellent special effects has proved successful. I saw Cinderella, which they did not mess up and Snow White and the Huntsman was wonderful. Charlize Theron as the wicked Queen and the Twilight lady for Snow White. Twilight lady isn't ethereally beautiful enough to compete with Charlize's queen in the film, but there is something about her that I like. Her boyish figure, her buck teeth, her ordinariness, made her famous in the Twilight films but even as Snow White, she brings compassion and empathy to her role as a future queen, a force of Nature in the film, that will heal what is destroyed by greed hubris and sheer selfish narcissism.

Two scenes stood out for me; the one where a troll (beautifully rendered) backs down when she penetrates his being with her compassion, and the central achievement of the vision of the White Hart in the core of the eleven forest, which is the opposite of the evil forest they have to get through to find the centre of Nature's being. The fairies were well rendered too. Didn't have dragon fly wings or gender and were pure spirits of Nature.

Snow White's brother is the beautiful one in this film. But she is the heir and she finally conquers the evil queen's need to consume youth to keep herself from aging. All round fabulous production. So was Cinderella.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!