Did he push her?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • I don't know if anyone has seen this, the video shows a man "pushing" a woman in front of a oncoming bus, but did he?

The video is not clear at all as the incident happened at the top of the shot and half of it is missing,, they may have just bumped into each other.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I've looked at this video several times and if you pause and restart it as you watch it, it's quite clear the jogger had ample room to pass, he deliberately ran at the women and even though it's partially obscured at the top, you can see he raises his arms and quite deliberately pushes her.

I'm not saying he knew the bus was there but the push was a deliberate act and the woman could easily have been killed. He needs catching and should get a prison sentence in my opinion. Sheer arrogance, worse than the damned cyclists who think they should be allowed to ride as they wish.

• I'm going to have to re-watch it again, Morgan.

There is the thing with cyclists that if you stray into their cycle lanes, especially in London or university towns, they could mow you down, so that maybe the case here. As you say, sheer arrogance on his part rather than a deliberate attempt to kill her.

• Id say he ran into her; arrogantly too. The pavements nice & wide. Hes one of these self-entitled pricks who thinks as hes a fast moving thing, everyone else is in the wrong and needs to take evasive action from him , not him modify his behaviour.

Sheer bad luck about the bus-lucky for her, the driver managed to swerve as he had a bit of maneovure room & brake.

The driver was probably shook up as well as the woman.

That runner could have been facing a serious injury/manslaughter charge in a split second there , if it had gone the other way.

Loon.

• I've looked at the vid, but I just can't make up mind on this.

As I said, you normally get this sort of behaviour on cycle paths.

I was almost mowed down by a cyclist in Hyde Park in London about 20ish years ago when the cycle paths were installed. I can't remember if I had accidentally wandered onto their path or not, same thing happened in Colchester too.

• Must get my eyes checked again.

• A man has been arrested by police after footage emerged of a jogger appearing to push a woman into the path of a bus on Putney Bridge.

The 50-year-old was held at a residential address in Chelsea on Thursday morning on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.

Busted

====

Good. What a tosser.

• Serious joggers and cyclists are a breed apart today. They go into a bloody trance when they are at it and if anything gets in the way of their obsession, it will get the shove. They are full of aggro and anything in their way is considered an annoyance. They aren't themselves when they are indulging in their addiction. They go glassy eyed and all they can see is the road and all they can do is pound it or whir along it, headphones shutting out the real world.

My dog distrusts them and views them as alien life forms.8)

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• It's the endorphin junkies, not people who ride bicycles. You couldn't be one of those glazed aliens if you tried, Hox.

(Have you bought the funny helmet and goggles yet?)

• That's the wrong question to ask LW!;), There's only one question... have you got some bloody awful lycra/spandex shorts to go with the bike?^^

I swear some blokes only go cycling or running to give them an excuse to put that "clothing" on. 8|:)

• Wait till he feels the urge to shave his legs. For less wind resistance, apparently.

• It's the endorphin junkies, not people who ride bicycles. You couldn't be one of those glazed aliens if you tried, Hox.

(Have you bought the funny helmet and goggles yet?)

Had to get the helmet because the rest of the family were convinced I would suffer immediate and certain death otherwise. Everything else I've resisted...so far...

• Music of your choice goes in the helmet.

• Story link

Some clearer stills. Defo looks like he pushed her out of the way.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• He claims to have been in America at the time. :whistling:

• Had to get the helmet because the rest of the family were convinced I would suffer immediate and certain death otherwise. Everything else I've resisted...so far...

Good stuff.:thumbup::thumbup:

• Story link

Some clearer stills. Defo looks like he pushed her out of the way.

I'm obviously just blind still, but those stills are no clearer for me.

It could be the difference between an attempted murder charge or an accident with common assault somewhere in the middle.

• She got in his way. Thou shalt not get in the way of the almighty jogger.

• She's the one who should be arrested for daring to walk along a pavement. Hare dare she! She should have thrown herself in front of the bus herself, it's not as if there was space for him to jog round her or anything. Silly cow.:rolleyes:

I used to have the same situation in a office I worked in for a few years.

I would be walking along the corridor, then at 100mph there would be this huge bloke coming at me and I had to practically dive to get out of the way. Totally arrogant tosser.

They weren't all like that, but he was one of the "master race". About 6ft4, blond, huge and you got out of his way. I suppose I could have sued him for bullying behaviour, but I was a legal clerk and he was a top QC.

Talking of the elite, I used to work for another big, blonde bloke although he was a lot nicer and just happened to be Norman's Tebbit's nephew. So, they're not all bad, but money and power can create a certain mindset in some of them. They think they're invincible and in most cases, they're right... I've seen quite a few things that's proven that to me.

• As a half Nordic, I would refute that thing about the blonds. For us, being fair and light eyed is boringly ordinary. It's the fascist factor of the Yuppie consciousnesses that led to all this new age supremacy in the yuppie era. Blonds have been sadly abused as Aryan super folk. In the same way that blacks were used as African superfolk. It makes people arrogant if they think they belong to a super group. I won't get into another super group that has made use of a myth as well, but it's what people do when they want to get control by leading others to believe that there is a superhuman - and you're looking at it, so bow down and know your place. Or get out of the way. Another one of their fave slogans.

Today, joggers and cyclists are super humans because sport has become a sort of disease, along with spending half one's life in a boring gym and parading enormous muscles all over the place in skimpy clothes. You can't get decently fitting clothes any more as everything has become skin tight to pleasure this lot and their narcissism.

• Come on H, surely you could have found a way to accidentally knock him flying??

• Bit like kids charging round the hardware store just as you get that long plank of wood out.:evil:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Memories float back of my father on his grocery buying days. He would rant on about the selfishness of humankind as exemplified by the modern supermarket trolley wielding fiends with demonic children who rode in the trolleys and left sticky melted sweets and other goo all over them so that when he chose one and placed his hand on it, he ended up with someone's second hand toffee apple bits sticking to his palm. The supermarket aisle blockers, the interminable handbag delvers at the checkout till, the big arses in his face buying the whole counter when he stood in the deli queue.

He got all flinty-eyed and had to be placated with tea and Chelsea buns. He took some placating too, as he was a scary bugger when he got into his stride. :D

• Bit like kids charging round the hardware store just as you get that long plank of wood out.:evil:

Ah, that's going back to your first posts in the Endless Thread.^^ I must try that myself next time I visit B&Q.:)

• A man arrested on suspicion of pushing a woman into the path of a bus while jogging has been eliminated from the investigation.

Eric Bellquist, 41, was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm following the incident on London's Putney Bridge.

His lawyer said Mr Bellquist "categorically denied" being the man seen in the video.

BBC article

=====

So this bloke has been named and shamed. His picture all over the news, yet he was never charged with anything and had been completely exonerated. Presumably he managed to prove he was in America at the time of the incident, as he said he was.

Why should he have proven anything? What happened to due process? Why was he named, he wasn't charged?

The tosser who still did this, whatever this is, is still out there. And people think CCTV is clear cut...

• Arresting or accusing people willy nilly is becoming quite a problem because once the mob gets the accusation to stick, they have someone to lynch, whether he did anything or not.

• His name shouldn't have got out unless he was charged, and I think that until someone is found guilty in a court of law, people shouldn't be named if they're accused of crimes, sex offences being the obvious one.