new member Zany

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Hi I'm Zany and I've just joined.

I am left of centre (Blairish) I run my own business and enjoy conversation about politics, people and civilisation in general.

• Hello Zany,

Although we deal with politics here as most current affairs/news deals with politics, the site is much broader in range. I was originally advised not to call the site a general discussion site, so I'm sticking with that for now, but I originally intended the site to be a pure media one similar to Digital Spy without all the clickbait and other rubbish from there.

Beyond the politics, there's lots of other topics here. Here a look around. Gardening is popular is here, so check out the thread here, if its something of interest to you:

Horizon's Gardening Topic

We have a general chat thread called the Endless thread, check it out here:

The Endless thread

As you will have noticed by now, we have 5 main sections in the forum index each containing their own forums. Anything news related goes in the news forum, except Brexit stuff, that goes in its own forum. If you're not sure where to post something, just stick it in the General Chat section.

I've created a brief help guide which you can find in the top left of the page under Help Articles, I will expand that more in the future. But the Dashboard is where you will find a complete feed of all activity on the site, not just new forum posts, but who has "liked" what, or made comments.

Perhaps you may wish to create your own blog or picture album? Well, go for it! The site is more than just a pure forum, although that is the bulk of the place.

If you need any help, just stick it in the help forum and I'll get to it as soon as I can. I'm not feeling 100% at the moment, so news threads have been a little lacking from me over the last few weeks, but by all means create your own and help to build the site up.

Welcome again!:)

Horizon.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Welcome zanygame. Hope you enjoy your stay.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Hi Zany!

Welcome and hope you enjoy the forum. :)

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Hello Zany,

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here/

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Hi I'm Zany and I've just joined.

I am left of centre (Blairish) I run my own business and enjoy conversation about politics, people and civilisation in general.

You're very welcome. You will find it somewhat calmer here than the other place and the moderation is much better without being strict. It's more the tone of the place. As I've said previously there isn't a lot going on news wise - as Horizon said Barcelona is simply a repeat performance and once everyone has had their say about terrorist attacks there is little to add to what's been said previously.

It would be good if we could get some of the more intelligent posters over here but few if any of them seem interested.

• You're very welcome. You will find it somewhat calmer here than the other place and the moderation is much better without being strict. It's more the tone of the place. As I've said previously there isn't a lot going on news wise - as Horizon said Barcelona is simply a repeat performance and once everyone has had their say about terrorist attacks there is little to add to what's been said previously.

It would be good if we could get some of the more intelligent posters over here but few if any of them seem interested.

I beg your pudding, my intelligence is only surpassed by my cynicism. :P:D

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Ron, he's not referring to the forum you come from.:)

• Its ok I was joking anyway. ?

• I know. We're a little top heavy from posters from one particular forum at the moment and missing some people from DS who haven't been able to get back in here, namely Tabasco and Nigel Brooks. I have tried to help them, but to no avail. And others from DS who also signed up, haven't come back, so I'll need to pay a visit there soon to try and get them back here.

• Hi Zany, I tend to be a lurker on the more grown up threads but I look forward to hearing your opinions. :)

• I know. We're a little top heavy from posters from one particular forum at the moment and missing some people from DS who haven't been able to get back in here, namely Tabasco and Nigel Brooks. I have tried to help them, but to no avail. And others from DS who also signed up, haven't come back, so I'll need to pay a visit there soon to try and get them back here.

I know DS, just curious as to what the other forum you speak of is?

• I know DS, just curious as to what the other forum you speak of is?

The specific one I was talking about there is Po Fo UK: http://www.politicsforum.co.uk

There are members, including myself who come from other forums such as:

Cable Forum http://www.cableforum.co.uk

Pie - politics.ie

There were members from other forums too, but after various software changes, they left. See the list of other forums here.

• That politics forum would probably be a bit to serious for me, I am very cynical when it comes to politics and tend to take the piss out of all politicians regardless of party, anyway I like it here just don't expect me to be too serious about anything. :P

• Glad to here it Ron. :thumbup::thumbup:Just sorry some of the people who did join you from DS, seem to have got lost after the software changeover and others who signed up never came back. But I will visit DS again soon, will a little gentle nudging from me.;)

I like politics, but I like other things too. Perhaps this forum is too broad and should just focus on one thing, I don't know, but I like to talk about various things, so I'll see how it goes.

• Wow.

Thank you all for the welcome.

I'll try and be a bit more productive. On here than I have been.

But off out again tonight. Perhaps later this evening.

Thank you all again.

Hi Morgan old mate. :)

• You're very welcome Zanygame. Hope to see you more often. :thumbup:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• We're quite friendly here zanygame, all 10 of us.....:) and unlike Po Fo UK, this is a not a politics forum, or at least not exclusively.

All this week I'm occupied with my putting in my Spring plants, so apologies in advance if it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not and will be back to normal business soon.

Now, off to deal with dinner.

Be back later.

• Hello my friend. :) Good to see you here. You are very welcome. How are you getting on with your Echo?