Incident Outside Buckingham Palace

• There has already been a terrorist incident in Brussels today with a knife wielding man attacking soldiers and it looks like something similar may have happened in London - again.

Reports are only just coming in that police have been attacked in The Mall outside Buckingham Palace.

As with Spain, knifes and cars are easy to come by and it looks like this type of incident is just going to become the norm.

I'll update this thread if/when further details come in.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I said the Brussels thing, Ming Mong.

I guess its a case of wherever we may go whether football matches, concerts, shopping centres etc you might get some people drive cars at you and/or come at us with knifes.

What a world we live in!

• Two police officers have been injured while arresting a man armed with a knife outside Buckingham Palace.

The officers were treated at the scene for minor injuries and were not taken to hospital, the Metropolitan Police said.

BBC Article

and the Brussels story, almost sounds like a carbon copy:

A man has been shot in the centre of Brussels after attacking two soldiers with a knife, prosecutors say.

One of the soldiers received a wound to the face, the other suffered a hand injury. The attacker is in a critical state in hospital.

BBC Article

• Have the flowers and candles and teddy bears come out yet? Are groups of people standing around, staring morbidly at heart shaped balloons and saying, "They won't divide us"? Bound to happen, it's become a kind of ritual.

"We are Paris, Manchester, the fountain at the corner and the little stone on the moon."

Wait for the amazingly intelligent politicos' response "We are not afraid."

• I don't think it was that serious incident in the end LW, but no doubt the hugging and teddy bears will come out for the next proper attack.

• It would have been a proper attack had the police not been able to stop it and had the other lot in Belgium not shot the crazy murderous blankety-blank before he shot anyone else.

• I only just caught up with this story last night, which I'll post in a minute, but the incident was a little bit more serious than I thought, or at least as was initially reported.

Here's the BBC article on it:

A man arrested outside Buckingham Palace on Friday night was brandishing a 4ft sword as he repeatedly shouted "Allahu Akbar", police say.

Dean Haydon, head of counter-terrorism at Scotland Yard, said the man drove at a police vehicle before stopping and being confronted by three officers.

CS gas was used to "quickly" restrain the 26-year-old, from the Luton area, who is now in custody, Cdr Haydon said.

The three unarmed Westminster police officers received minor injuries.

BBC article

=====

The BBC have a updated story today, that a second man has been arrested, but this is not like the Spanish attack.

I think we have to separate out the real terrorists who plan and carry out attacks as part of a cell, and one off nutcases who are "playing" at being terrorists.

What astonishes me from that article, is despite all the incidents, we still have unarmed police at key locations.

• Here is that second BBC story:

A second man has been arrested after three police officers were injured by a man brandishing a 4ft sword near Buckingham Palace on Friday.

A 30-year-old man has been detained at an address in west London, and a search is being carried out, police say.

He was arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences.

BBC article

=====

I hope someone asks all these people doing these attacks, was it is that they hope to achieve. I don't know if they're just idiots whose minds are poisoned by others, or whether they do have a few brain cells of their own and know exactly what they're doing.

• I think with these random nutter episodes, seeds get strewn around and if they take in vulnerable minds then auto-suggestion takes over and out they go on killing sprees for God. I don't think they can stop and think because they possibly can't can do self-awareness testing any more. Once planted, the seed is like a computer virus and messes up their better judgement and skews their moral compass.

They way they are doing this and the young age of the attackers is a sign that someone is working on a vulnerability in them. They go out like programmed drones. It's very eerie.