Sky no longer broadcasting Fox News. Will you miss it?

• Rupert Murdoch has taken the rightwing US channel Fox News off the air in the UK after 15 years.

His US media group 21st Century Fox said it would withdraw Fox News from Sky in the UK on Tuesday because it no longer regarded the service as commercially viable.

The decision came as Karen Bradley, the culture secretary, is set to return her verdict on whether to ask the competition regulator to launch an investigation into the Murdochs’ adherence to broadcasting standards in the UK as part of an inquiry into Fox’s £11.7bn takeover bid for Sky.

BBC article

=====

Only just became aware of this story.

Supposedly, the channel is going due to low ratings, but the official ratings are much higher than what the Murdoch's claim, so it is likely they are doing this in a effort to get their takeover of Sky approved. See this thread for details.

I've not subscribed to Sky for several years as I could not afford Sky and cable, but I did use to watch the channel a bit.

Calling it a news channel was a joke, it was tv version of the many "shock jock" radio stations that America has, but it did inform on what a certain proportion of Americans think about things, the same groups who have now elected Trump.

I think Fox News will decline in the States now due to falling ratings over there after the loss of their key shows and presenters. Whatever your opinion on Bill O'Reilly, he certainly made a show of things, see here.

I always prefer choice, so in answer to my question, yes I will miss Fox News, will you?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Don't think I've ever watched it as we don't have Sky. Been on cable TV ever since it came to our area in its analog form (40 channels) but I didn't think NTL or VM ever carried it?

More choice on news channels is good to counterbalance some of the biased output from some of the major players.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• VM has never carried. It's been requested, but doesn't look like we'll ever get it now.

I found Fox News useful during Bush Jnr's era.

Fox News were very pro Bush and so got lots of inside stories over the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, but even though Fox were pro Bush, even they couldn't escape criticising Bush and Rumsfield sometimes.

We talk about Trump now and his criticism, and trying to shut down the media, but Bush was worse, far worse. Anyone critical of him over his Iraq policy after 9/11 was a traitor as viewed by in his administration. And as for Rumsfield, pure vile crap who squashed any criticism of him what so ever.

• I don't have sky so no I wont miss it, but since I rarely watch any news on TV I wouldn't miss any news if it stopped being broadcast either.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I'm quite a news bunny, Ron, which if you think about it, as I run this site with the focus in the top section on news, I do have to keep an eye on things.

But don't tell anyone this as it's a secret but there was a week back in May beginning of June, when I didn't see any news at all. In fact, it was more like two weeks. Slacker, aren't I?^^