Bell Pottinger incited racial hatred in South Africa

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Bell Pottinger’s second-largest shareholder has walked away from the business by writing off its investment and handing back its stake to the struggling PR firm.

Chime, co-owned by US investment firm Providence Equity Partners and Sir Martin Sorrell’s WPP group, has given up trying to sell its 27% holding after a scandal over a Bell Pottinger campaign in South Africa severely damaged the agency. On Monday, the British PR trade body expelled Bell Pottinger from its ranks after the firm orchestrated a campaign to stir up anger about “white monopoly capital” and “economic apartheid” for one of South Africa’s wealthiest and most controversial families.

Guardian article

=====

Anyone being following this story? What a bunch of tossers.

The wealthy Gupta family made money out of this, inciting racial hatred to stir things up. Totally disgusting. Their PR firm wanted to stir up racial hatred against the white minority by sending incendiary tweets.

Hopefully this company will now go out of business.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Apart from the fact that they talk rubbish, they are part of a plot to capture the state and have been able to do so with the help of the President, who is a dab hand at reverse racism.

This has given the opposition Democratic Alliance a huge opportunity to expose corruption and nefarious goings on, which it does anyway on an ongoing basis.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• How is this viewed in SA, LW? Is it getting a lot of attention? Barely a mention, here.

• Yes, big news. The whole Gupta debacle is big news. We are running close to being unsavable because they can't get Zuma out of power. Have to try and hang on till the election if the ANC don't have the balls to unseat him by then. Country showing signs of serious trouble economically now and the social impact is worsening daily.

• Bell Pottinger has collapsed into administration in the UK after running a racially charged PR campaign in South Africa.

The troubled public relations firm put itself up for sale last week, but could not find a buyer.

BBC article

====

Good riddance. Disgusting behaviour by them

• Yes. I love the sound of flushing toilets whenever a turd goes down the pan.