Piers Morgan. Do you love him or loathe him?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Piers Morgan abruptly terminated an interview live on Good Morning Britain after a journalist branded him a “narcissist”.

The controversial presenter, who is also editor-at-large of the US Mail Online, came under heavy criticism for interviewing a so-called “gay cure therapist” on the show on Tuesday.

Independent article

He has the kind of face you would want to punch, personally, I'd be quite happy just barbecuing his nuts and feeding them to my scum neighbour's dog.

Piers Morgan is now the person who has saved ITV's breakfast programme with his robust interviewing style, some would say just plain rude. But it could have been very different.

In 2012, he was in hot water over allegations over phone hacking. He was the editor of the Daily Mirror for nine years at the time it was alleged that phone hacking took place at that paper.

Lord Leveson, as this article says, was not convinced by Morgan's ignorance of the subject of phone hacking. Morgan was called into Leveson's phone hacking inquiry and gave evidence to him that he knew nothing about phone hacking, let alone ordered it. In Leveson's report after the inquiry, he called Morgan's evidence at the inquiry as being "utterly unpersuasive," but Morgan was never charged with any offence related to phone hacking.

Back to today and ITV's ratings for GMB are souring and his Saturday evening interview show is very popular.

Should someone like Morgan be on our screens everyday? Like his friend Trump, it shows that a certain kind of behaviour rather than being bad for one's career, in fact can be the opposite. I happen to actually like Morgan's interview programme and the rare times I've seen breakfast TV, he does make compulsive viewing, if only for the fact that you want to throw your breakfast bowl at the tv when he's on it.

Do you love him, or loathe him?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I can't stand the bloke and he is a narcissist, seems to confuse his opinion with fact, was sacked as editor from the Mirror for printing fake stories with fake pictures, went to America and came back with his tail between his legs because no one liked him and his show got cancelled, and yes he has got a face you could quite happily punch, generally speaking the slug is a smug smarmy odious creep and represents all that is wrong with journalism in one pile of festering shit.

So it's fair to say I don't like him and actively avoid watching and listening to him at all costs.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I can't stand the bloke and he is a narcissist,

Definitely a narcissist, which is why he gets on so well with Trump.

was sacked as editor from the Mirror for printing fake stories with fake pictures, went to America and came back with his tail between his legs because no one liked him and his show got cancelled,

I'll say one thing in defence of him here, he felt strongly about the gun issue, so kept mentioning this on his CNN show. The only problem is half of Americas love guns...

represents all that is wrong with journalism in one pile of festering shit.

He may have been involved in some very dubious stuff, yet he is on tellie everyday. A bit like Trump's behaviour, it shows that bad behaviour does pay off.

So it's fair to say I don't like him and actively avoid watching and listening to him at all costs.

Never "around" for his breakfast show.:) But have seen his Saturday night show and it is good.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Can't stand him ever since he put the lives of British soldiers at risk by publishing fake photos of prisoner abuse.

• I've never watched the guy so I really can't comment. Suffice to say he seems to be some kind of lightning rod for many.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• This threads contains 30 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or log-in to continue reading.