New Apple iPhone. Will you get it?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I think I read somewhere (could be wrong) that one of their newer models over the last few years didn't even have a headphone jack anymore, as Apple decided that using headphones with their products wasn't the "correct" way to use them.:S

I saw a report and their gadgets were made in cheap Chinese or Indian slave shops which included child workers and they do something like 15 hour days. But hey, its Apple, its great...X/

• Do you have that "Ring" security system Fidget, or is it something different?

It doesn't ring my phone, because the CCTV is 24/7, and not movement activated.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• I think I read somewhere (could be wrong) that one of their newer models over the last few years didn't even have a headphone jack anymore, as Apple decided that using headphones with their products wasn't the "correct" way to use them.:S

I saw a report and their gadgets were made in cheap Chinese or Indian slave shops which included child workers and they do something like 15 hour days. But hey, its Apple, its great...X/

Oh , they don't mind headphones if you use the plug in adaptor supplied that is not cool , they prefer it if you buy very expensive Apple approved wireless ones , yet another money making , lemming queueing , "must have" gadget.

• Can I be nosey and ask how much it cost you Fidget?? Was it a cheaper Argos setup, or something more elaborate?

We got the home system first, 7 cameras and microphone above the door. It cost around £1500 fully installed, but it's a few years ago now. We have a neighbour who once threatened me with violence (a boundary dispute when he extended his house onto our land), so we thought better safe than sorry. We have also had the stable tack room burgled twice but no attempts since CCTV installed (fingers crossed). We also got 5 yr maintenance and breakdown cover for £299 per system.

The office system has 4 cameras and was about £1200 but the higher price was due to us originally asking for 3 and then another visit to install a 4th.

We originally put a cheap camera on the stable after the first robbery. The camera was also the recorder but they nicked the camera along with everything else and we had no separate recorder, unlike this system.

We used a firm called Securico and they cover the whole of the UK.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Silly money for a gadget made in a Chinese sweatshop. But like football fans there are people that are so addicted to their chosen fix that they'll pay any amount of money for it even to the detrement of their family. They're very sad people who really need help. Maybe there's an app for it.:rolleyes:

I do have a mobile: Samsung Tocco lite, bought several years ago for £60 including £10 PAYG sim. It does all I need from a phone plus there's a decent camera. I have no desire to get a "better" one. It does have a browser, e-mailer, FM radio and can play music and videos but I hardly ever use these features.

• And no doubt, I will be astounded again as the top model in this new range costs over £1k.

What's next, a £2k phone?

APPLE has unveiled its most expensive iPhone EVER as its new XS Max go on sale for £1,449 – and experts have already defended the high cost.

Crikey! 3/4 the way there. You can get a decent second hand car for that sort of money or even a monster 4K TV.

• Although I'm far from the ghetto areas, these gangs do operate in my area. I think anyone carrying around a £1500 phone and waving it about for all to see, needs their heads seeing to.

If I had one of these in my hand I would be asking myself " why have I been so stupid" , buy a cheap phone , get a good tablet as the screen is actually worth looking at and put a grand in your back pocket , I love tech but NOT phones , I do not get this sad infatuation , it is "look at me" , very sad.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!