London Tube Blast

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Seems to have been more a flash bomb than a proper explosion. Speculation is that it failed to properly detonate and was of rather crude manufacture:

Full piece and pictures

Time to get out the teddy bears and candles. I'm surprised someone hasn't invented a "post-explosion sorrow pack" yet.

What a good idea, I'll get a business plan together. :evil:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• :evil:

People have been badly burned, it seems, so it might have been far worse had it not been a bit of a flop.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Just changed the title to reflect the topic being discussed.

====

Just come in from my garden to this news, just switched on the tv now for details.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Seems to have been more a flash bomb than a proper explosion. Speculation is that it failed to properly detonate and was of rather crude manufacture:

That is some good news at least, the other being the bomber didn't want to meet Allah so had the bomb on a timer. He'll be found and if he has any chums (I doubt he has) they'll be caught too.

Time to get out the teddy bears and candles. I'm surprised someone hasn't invented a "post-explosion sorrow pack" yet.

I'm sure a pop "star" will come out with a song first.:rolleyes:

• It was rather horrible as people said it blew a fireball down the coach. The latest is that the police have a suspect.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Oh really. You're more up to date with the news here, than me. Good.

• The UK terror threat has been increased to its highest level following the attack on a Tube train in south-west London, the prime minister has said.

Theresa May said the threat had been raised from severe to critical, meaning an attack is expected imminently.

Well, we won't get attacked if they catch this person quick. Glad I don't have to go on London's tube anymore.

• Armed police have evacuated and are searching a residential address in Sunbury, Surrey, in connection with Friday's attack on a London Tube train.

It follows the arrest of an 18-year-old man on suspicion of a terror offence.

The arrest is "significant" but the terror threat level remains at "critical", Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said

Lets hope this suspect is the bomber, otherwise commuters are going to feel uncomfortable travelling on London's tube on Monday morning.

• A second man has been arrested in connection with Friday's attack on a London Tube train, police said.

The 21-year-old man was arrested in Hounslow, west London, on Saturday night on suspicion of a terror offence and is in custody in south London.

This is good news in one sense, but bad in another, as this clearly was not a lone wolf attack.

At least the police seemed to have caught the main bomber before he got on the ferry at Dover.

• The news channels are reporting of a incident at London's Oxford circus station. More news when I have it.

• Police are responding to reports of shots being fired at London's Oxford Circus Tube station.

The Met said they were responding as if the incident was terrorist related and have told people on nearby Oxford Street to take cover inside buildings.

Still no wiser on this story yet. It could be terrorism related or a hoodie with a airgun. Not good timing as its Black Friday today.

• Still no wiser on this story yet. It could be terrorism related or a hoodie with a airgun. Not good timing as its Black Friday today.

No incident at all: Two blokes had a fight on the platform and the snowflakes went into meltdown on social media. :rolleyes:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• No incident at all: Two blokes had a fight on the platform and the snowflakes went into meltdown on social media. :rolleyes:

I can understand being alert to danger but one wonders whatever happened to the stoicism of the British people. At this rate someone is only going to have to shout ' Boom.' and there will be mass panic in the streets and people trampling all over each other trying to get away. 16 injured, central London bought to a halt over a fight. Whatever happened to staying calm in a crisis?

• Stoicism is fine, but staying alive is better. We've had two many attacks, and don't forget all the decades of IRA terrorism.

• Police have released images of two men they want to speak to, after an altercation at a central London Tube station created mass panic on Friday.

Officers want to speak to anyone who was at Oxford Circus underground station at the time of the evacuation.

Here's the official story of the incident and as Morgan said, not terrorism related but incidents.

Having worked in Central London during "incidents" it causes chaos. It takes the buses many hours to get back to a normal service as just one example of when a incident happens.