BBC to launch new music show. Who the hell is A.Dot?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Greg James and A.Dot have been announced as the hosts of a new, primetime music show on BBC One.

Sounds Like Friday Night will be the first regular, mainstream music programme on the BBC since Top of the Pops was cancelled in 2006.

The BBC is finally launching a show to replace the much missed yet tainted brand of Top of the Pops - presumably minus the peados and purvs this time round.

I used to love watching Top of the Pops, but by around the time of late 90s, I found the "music" awful. Headbanging dance music, which was anything but something you could actually dance too and rap music dominated. Times move on as do tastes in pop and there does seem to be more of a return to actual songs with some kind of melody in them, he says, not being able to name one decent song as I type this...:rolleyes::)

Will you watch this? Who the hell is Greg James and A.Dot?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Do you need to buy a lot of additional apps for the Amazon Dot as I am thinking of buying it for my partner for Christmas. But A. Dot I believe is 11 years old and just shouts a lot over very thumpy basslines. Usually about how shit the world is and how black people are all persecuted. Greg James though is an idiot. I think. Either that or he loves himself.

• Thanks Morgan and wizzywick. I'm certainly not warming to the new show, then, based on its presenters.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Do you need to buy a lot of additional apps for the Amazon Dot as I am thinking of buying it for my partner for Christmas. But A. Dot I believe is 11 years old and just shouts a lot over very thumpy basslines. Usually about how shit the world is and how black people are all persecuted. Greg James though is an idiot. I think. Either that or he loves himself.

Dot works straight out of box once you've set up the Wi Fi which is quite easy to do ( If you haven't got a BT Smart Hub 4 that is.) You don't need anything else apart from a free app. which gives you a few tips and lists a lot the 'skills' ( apps) available, which are all free.

You're right about it being a bit 'bassy ' but the Echo is better, especially for playing music.

The UK doesn't have the range of apps. that are available in the states but the number is growing all the time.

I expect you know there are a lot of sites where you can get opinions and information about it.

It's my favourite gadget especially if I'm on a message board and want to know something like what the population of Latvia is without clicking on another site or leaving my desk. ( It's about 1,950,000.) ;)