Casette Tapes, Revival

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • It's like vinyl, it's all coming back. Good subject, by the way.:):thumbup:

For the kiddies now, playing music is just a click off the button. Clinical and boring, but remember how long it took to make that tape of your favourite tracks? I used too love doing that with my mum and didn't find it a hassle at all, quite the opposite. Would I go back to tapes, no way in hell!^^

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It's like vinyl, it's all coming back. Good subject, by the way.:):thumbup:

For the kiddies now, playing music is just a click off the button. Clinical and boring, but remember how long it took to make that tape of your favourite tracks? I used too love doing that with my mum and didn't find it a hassle at all, quite the opposite. Would I go back to tapes, no way in hell!^^

I remember copying the top 40 off the radio, and stopping the recording before the announcer spoke, or rather trying to

Oh how we thought we were so high tech savvy :D

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• But it was high tech for the time, damn the CDs, they ruined everything...

• I remember copying the top 40 off the radio, and stopping the recording before the announcer spoke, or rather trying to

Oh how we thought we were so high tech savvy :D

I remember the efforts we went to to get a "clean" recording without the DJ idiot blabbing over the start or finish. What we didn't know at the time was that the copyright holders insisted that they did that so we couldn't get a clean recording.:cursing:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I don't recall ever having that problem, so I must have been listening to a classier radio station.:P

• I remember recording songs of my own and then losing everything as the tape spangled out into a million ribbon loops. Goodbye Little Wing. You'd see those tape tangles in every dustbin.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Yes, I had a few accidents too.^^ Not so funny then when it took hours to make the bloody things.

• I never had any cassette problems but the secret was keeping the pinch-wheel clean and the heads de-magnetised. I recently refurbished my Akai Hi-Fi cassette deck, posted elsewhere here, this has Dolby so the sound is pretty good. Not as good as my Akai reel-to-reel with Dolby at 7 1/2 inches a second.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.