New UKIP Leader. Henry who??

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Henry Bolton has been elected UKIP leader - the party's fourth leader in just over a year.

The former soldier, who saw off a challenge from anti-Islam campaigner Anne Marie Waters, won with 30% of the vote.

He told the party conference: "Brexit is our core task."

Mr Bolton, who was backed by Nigel Farage, stood for UKIP as police and crime commissioner in Kent in 2016, coming second.

I've never heard of this person, he's never been in mainstream politics before.

As least Nige shouldn't knife this bloke in the back like the others, as he has supported him, but who is he?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• If UKIP is ever going to become a party with any real influence, he's going to have to be very good and quick about it. But first of all we'll have to see how long he lasts and if he can stop the UKIP infighting.

I like their new logo though. ( On the left.)

AAsCn67.img?h=437&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

• I don't like the lion icon. I know it's historical and traditional and gung-ho but lions are typically African symbols and Britain and a British party needs an icon that represents them, not their colonialism or their idea of themselves as lions. Or their currency, come to think of it. They need something new and representative of themselves as a nation.

There are no lions in Britain. You need a symbol that can be identified with as something everyone comprehends and knows and loves. Lions do this for Africans. Shamrocks and harps do this for the Irish, dragons do it for the Welsh, thistles for the Scots. Britain, in combination with the hapless English who have a rose, needs something collectively representative. (Provided you aren't a nationalist and think they should all be independent and have an alliance among themselves instead. :evil:)

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• I like their new logo though. ( On the left.)

Gary Linecker is suggesting that the Premier League are likely to sue due to the similarity to their logo as illustrated by Morgan. Maybe it's deliberate to get some free press mileage.^^ BTW I do like the logo.

I've never hear of this guy either though that may be an advantage with less political luggage for their opponents to attack.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I agree with LW about the logo.

Apart from Richard the Lionheart, we have no connection to lions.

I've never hear of this guy either though that may be an advantage with less political luggage for their opponents to attack.

Yeah, that could be an advantage and at least Nige supports him for the moment.

If UKIP is ever going to become a party with any real influence, he's going to have to be very good and quick about it. But first of all we'll have to see how long he lasts and if he can stop the UKIP infighting.

As there are many lined up to stop Brexit, I would think there is plenty that UKIP could do if they get their act together.

• As it seems we are being continually sold down various rivers on Brexit , UKIP are still relevant and should stick around , we the stupid ,great unwashed majority didn't vote for what Mrs May seems to think will be OK. This guy has bravery in spades and I will give him a chance , he needs to start attacking the Tories and really savage the Labour and Libdums.

• I'll watch that Guardian video later and then comment.

• In the Guardian this morning is a short video of Henry giving a speech. Watching him swaying from side to side, I wasn't sure if he was on a ship in the ocean or rehearsing for Come Dancing.

https://www.theguardian.com/po…lected-new-leader-of-ukip

He'll need to cure that trait before someone over writes the sound track and turns it into a cha cha cha. ;)

:D Oh damn dat swaying. But he will be quite nervous because I doubt he's ever had to do this before. The army will be a piece of cake, no doubt, compared to the nastiness he will encounter from the horrible little trolls who will now visit him regularly on the net and in the media and try to do their "far right" number on him.

I think the nationalist British should regroup under the stag symbol. (This will cause hysteria and ruptured inner organs on the left, but they could do with a massive overhaul as their former incarnation was a total cringe-worthy mess for various reasons and due to a number of unspeakably awful proponents.)

I know people will call it the stag party - but would that be such a bad thing? 8) Plus it would need a new name so as to avoid being associated with all the sieg heiling weirdos that crashed it into the bog.

Meanwhile, UKIP needs to be a voice for continuing independence from Frau Merkel and Company. Provided the liberals in it don't kill it the way they did pre-Farage.

• UKIP has suspended the girlfriend of party leader Henry Bolton after she apparently made racist remarks about Prince Harry's fiancee Meghan Markle.

The Mail on Sunday has published a series of messages sent by Jo Marney.

In them, the 25-year-old model said Ms Markle would "taint" the Royal Family, that she had a "tiny brain" and that black people were ugly.

Henry (remember, he's the the new bloke in charge of UKIP) has made the news since he came into "power" although not for the right reasons.

What I'm always surprised about by members of UKIP is amongst their midst, there are always people who do not share the same views as most of them, yet they still air these views anyway. So, why was the girlfriend sending racist text messages out to her "friends" when in typical UKIP fashion, it was inevitable that some of these would find their way into public view?

• They're just plain thick.

If they want to say something in private, it should be just that - private, in your own home. Anything else and it can get leaked.

• This makes me wonder why they do it.

• Because the bulk of the indigenous population think the same way, but daren't say it. And they hope like in elsewhere in Europe, there will be a gradual swing to the right - the far right and they want to put their "message" out there without actually saying anything official.

• If they want to say something in private, it should be just that - private, in your own home. Anything else and it can get leaked.

You should never post anything that you wouldn't shout from the nearest hilltop.

I think it's a bit tough on Henry though that something his girlfriend posted should be blamed on him for. He probably didn't even know until the press found out and pilloried him.

Having said that he aught to have been aware of her opinions if nothing else. If you lie with dogs you tend to get fleas.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Well it's no secret that there is no love lost between certain media sources and UKIP so any reason the media can find for slamming them they will use it.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• The net effect will be UKIP will be destroyed, but this will strengthen Farage. He has probably enjoyed every minute of it.

I don't know why he ditched her. As soon as this all came out his political career was over anyway, so why bother? He should've kept the thick blonde, at least he would have kept something useful at the end of the day.

• Serves him right.^^

He thought he got it all: the younger blonde and new job. Who dares, doesn't always win!

• Serves him right.^^

He thought he got it all: the younger blonde and new job. Who dares, doesn't always win!

Had he actually parted from his missus or was the blonde a "bit on the side"?

Either way he's damaged goods now, both politically and socially.

4312-gwban-gif

• He left the wife, only as Morgan highlighted, to try and return to her after all this mess. Serves him right.

• The future of UKIP leader Henry Bolton will be up for discussion when the party's national executive committee (NEC) holds an emergency meeting later.

There have been calls for him to quit after offensive texts reportedly sent by his former girlfriend emerged.

Doesn't look like Bolton will survive the day which will open the way for you know who.... I'll post about that in another thread.

• I don't know if anybody was just watching the Sunday Politics on the beeb, but Bolton was on and I must say, he gave a very calm, collected interview. They also had the 3 pundits on who questioned him at the end of the programme, and Bolton did very well.

• UKIP's ruling national executive committee (NEC) has unanimously backed a vote of no confidence in party leader Henry Bolton.

But he has said he will defy the committee and continue as leader, as a contest would finish the party.

Party members will now be given a vote on whether the former Army officer should remain in post.

Going, going, almost gone.

They're dropping like flies these UKIP leaders.

• If Farage had backed Suzanne Evans when she was competing for the leadership none of this fiasco would have arisen and UKIP would still be a force in politics.

• She was a good candidate Morgan, exactly why Farage wouldn't support her. Competition for himself.

• Saw Farage's radio show on LBC earlier this evening and he interviewed Henry Bolton....You could tell from Farage's tone, that he was going to enjoy the interview.

Farage was quite icy with him and it wasn't a face to face interview (the show is broadcast as a podcast as well as on the radio, so I could see this) but what Farage extracted from Bolton was interesting.

Firstly, Bolton is still seeing his girlfriend despite saying he had ditched her and later on Bolton went on to say that that one of the racist tweets had been made up by someone else.

Bolton was very calm but obviously defensive and Farage was like a lion with his prey in his sights. I don't see how Bolton can hang much longer.