New UKIP Leader. Henry who??

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Serves him right.^^

He thought he got it all: the younger blonde and new job. Who dares, doesn't always win!

Had he actually parted from his missus or was the blonde a "bit on the side"?

Either way he's damaged goods now, both politically and socially.

• The future of UKIP leader Henry Bolton will be up for discussion when the party's national executive committee (NEC) holds an emergency meeting later.

There have been calls for him to quit after offensive texts reportedly sent by his former girlfriend emerged.

Doesn't look like Bolton will survive the day which will open the way for you know who.... I'll post about that in another thread.

• UKIP's ruling national executive committee (NEC) has unanimously backed a vote of no confidence in party leader Henry Bolton.

But he has said he will defy the committee and continue as leader, as a contest would finish the party.

Party members will now be given a vote on whether the former Army officer should remain in post.

Going, going, almost gone.

They're dropping like flies these UKIP leaders.

• If Farage had backed Suzanne Evans when she was competing for the leadership none of this fiasco would have arisen and UKIP would still be a force in politics.

• Saw Farage's radio show on LBC earlier this evening and he interviewed Henry Bolton....You could tell from Farage's tone, that he was going to enjoy the interview.

Farage was quite icy with him and it wasn't a face to face interview (the show is broadcast as a podcast as well as on the radio, so I could see this) but what Farage extracted from Bolton was interesting.

Firstly, Bolton is still seeing his girlfriend despite saying he had ditched her and later on Bolton went on to say that that one of the racist tweets had been made up by someone else.

Bolton was very calm but obviously defensive and Farage was like a lion with his prey in his sights. I don't see how Bolton can hang much longer.

• Nigel Farage is plotting to return as head of a revamped Ukip, it was reported today.

The former party leader has reportedly hatched a plan with Henry Bolton to take over for a fourth time.

He wants to sweep back into power - but only once Mr Bolton has cleared out most of Ukip's senior officials, it is claimed.

The Mail on Sunday reported Mr Farage could change the party's name, and turn it into a vehicle to promote hard Brexit.

Next month Mr Bolton, 54, faces a vote of no confidence from Ukip members, after the party's executive committee voted to remove him as leader.

You can't keep him down can you. At least he's the face of Brexit.

• UKIP has confirmed Gerard Batten as its new leader - and he has said he will resign in 12 months' time.

The MEP, who had been interim leader since February. said that as he was elected unopposed he would step down so a full contest can take place.

Mr Batten said he will "concentrate on doing all I can to restore the party's fortunes."

Okay, so new bloke is appointed then announces his resignation at the same time. Now, that makes sense, doesn't it?

This revolving door of UKIP leaders shows there is no political party or no one leader who has the strength to put their heads above the parapets and say "enough is enough."

I don't care whether its UKIP or some other party (I've never voted UKIP, as I believe it would be a wasted vote) but if we are to have a so-called hard left party spearhead by Corbyn and backed by Momemtum, there needs to be a alternative on the other side of politics too. And I'm not talking about electing nazis either, my grandparents fought those scumbags, but we do need, I, believe, somebody who will stand up for British values and fight for this country before it changes beyond any recognition.

UKIP has failed and is finished. Any other takers?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!