New UKIP Leader. Henry who??

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Henry Bolton has been elected UKIP leader - the party's fourth leader in just over a year.

The former soldier, who saw off a challenge from anti-Islam campaigner Anne Marie Waters, won with 30% of the vote.

He told the party conference: "Brexit is our core task."

Mr Bolton, who was backed by Nigel Farage, stood for UKIP as police and crime commissioner in Kent in 2016, coming second.

I've never heard of this person, he's never been in mainstream politics before.

As least Nige shouldn't knife this bloke in the back like the others, as he has supported him, but who is he?

• If UKIP is ever going to become a party with any real influence, he's going to have to be very good and quick about it. But first of all we'll have to see how long he lasts and if he can stop the UKIP infighting.

I like their new logo though. ( On the left.)

AAsCn67.img?h=437&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

• I don't like the lion icon. I know it's historical and traditional and gung-ho but lions are typically African symbols and Britain and a British party needs an icon that represents them, not their colonialism or their idea of themselves as lions. Or their currency, come to think of it. They need something new and representative of themselves as a nation.

There are no lions in Britain. You need a symbol that can be identified with as something everyone comprehends and knows and loves. Lions do this for Africans. Shamrocks and harps do this for the Irish, dragons do it for the Welsh, thistles for the Scots. Britain, in combination with the hapless English who have a rose, needs something collectively representative. (Provided you aren't a nationalist and think they should all be independent and have an alliance among themselves instead. :evil:)

• I like their new logo though. ( On the left.)

Gary Linecker is suggesting that the Premier League are likely to sue due to the similarity to their logo as illustrated by Morgan. Maybe it's deliberate to get some free press mileage.^^ BTW I do like the logo.

I've never hear of this guy either though that may be an advantage with less political luggage for their opponents to attack.

• I agree with LW about the logo.

Apart from Richard the Lionheart, we have no connection to lions.

I've never hear of this guy either though that may be an advantage with less political luggage for their opponents to attack.

Yeah, that could be an advantage and at least Nige supports him for the moment.

If UKIP is ever going to become a party with any real influence, he's going to have to be very good and quick about it. But first of all we'll have to see how long he lasts and if he can stop the UKIP infighting.

As there are many lined up to stop Brexit, I would think there is plenty that UKIP could do if they get their act together.

• As it seems we are being continually sold down various rivers on Brexit , UKIP are still relevant and should stick around , we the stupid ,great unwashed majority didn't vote for what Mrs May seems to think will be OK. This guy has bravery in spades and I will give him a chance , he needs to start attacking the Tories and really savage the Labour and Libdums.

• In the Guardian this morning is a short video of Henry giving a speech. Watching him swaying from side to side, I wasn't sure if he was on a ship in the ocean or rehearsing for Come Dancing.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/…-leader-of-ukip

He'll need to cure that trait before someone over writes the sound track and turns it into a cha cha cha. ;)

:D Oh damn dat swaying. But he will be quite nervous because I doubt he's ever had to do this before. The army will be a piece of cake, no doubt, compared to the nastiness he will encounter from the horrible little trolls who will now visit him regularly on the net and in the media and try to do their "far right" number on him.

I think the nationalist British should regroup under the stag symbol. (This will cause hysteria and ruptured inner organs on the left, but they could do with a massive overhaul as their former incarnation was a total cringe-worthy mess for various reasons and due to a number of unspeakably awful proponents.)

I know people will call it the stag party - but would that be such a bad thing? 8) Plus it would need a new name so as to avoid being associated with all the sieg heiling weirdos that crashed it into the bog.

Meanwhile, UKIP needs to be a voice for continuing independence from Frau Merkel and Company. Provided the liberals in it don't kill it the way they did pre-Farage.

• UKIP has suspended the girlfriend of party leader Henry Bolton after she apparently made racist remarks about Prince Harry's fiancee Meghan Markle.

The Mail on Sunday has published a series of messages sent by Jo Marney.

In them, the 25-year-old model said Ms Markle would "taint" the Royal Family, that she had a "tiny brain" and that black people were ugly.

Henry (remember, he's the the new bloke in charge of UKIP) has made the news since he came into "power" although not for the right reasons.

What I'm always surprised about by members of UKIP is amongst their midst, there are always people who do not share the same views as most of them, yet they still air these views anyway. So, why was the girlfriend sending racist text messages out to her "friends" when in typical UKIP fashion, it was inevitable that some of these would find their way into public view?

• Because the bulk of the indigenous population think the same way, but daren't say it. And they hope like in elsewhere in Europe, there will be a gradual swing to the right - the far right and they want to put their "message" out there without actually saying anything official.

• If they want to say something in private, it should be just that - private, in your own home. Anything else and it can get leaked.

You should never post anything that you wouldn't shout from the nearest hilltop.

I think it's a bit tough on Henry though that something his girlfriend posted should be blamed on him for. He probably didn't even know until the press found out and pilloried him.

Having said that he aught to have been aware of her opinions if nothing else. If you lie with dogs you tend to get fleas.

• The net effect will be UKIP will be destroyed, but this will strengthen Farage. He has probably enjoyed every minute of it.

Henry's great love affair is now apparently over.

"He said their romance was "obviously quite incompatible" with his role as party leader but he had no intention of resigning."

Whatever happened to romance and true love? ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42686932

I don't know why he ditched her. As soon as this all came out his political career was over anyway, so why bother? He should've kept the thick blonde, at least he would have kept something useful at the end of the day.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!