The Good News Thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • As there is so much bad news, I thought I'd make a good news thread and begin with something to make you smile. Hope more good news posts will grow this thread. There is nothing better than hearing that the world isn't ending and that most people are still good guys.

SA claims title for world’s tallest cupcake tower

The 10.7m tall tower showcased a whopping 6‚370 cupcakes. The previous record stood at 8m and was set up in Dubai last year. The event was organised by the charity Cupcakes of HOPE on September 23rd at Rio Sol in Vereeniging in the Vaal Triangle.

“It’s all to help very ill children‚” says Cupcakes of Hope founder Sandy Cipriano‚ whose team works tirelessly to raise money for the families of children with life-threatening diseases.

link

• I always called them fairy cakes too. But today, the cupcake has replaced this wonderful name for them - the food of magical beings. Must get a recipe on the food thread. I have scoffed many fairy cakes in my life. We used to have them for cake sales at school. Iced and with hundreds and thousands on top, or a single silver ball. :)

• Amazingly enough, there is always something good going on in even the worst of places and situations. One just needs to find it and publish it. Pity more journalists aren't keen on this worthy task.X/

• It's been proven multiple times that humans do possess a certain blood lust whether it be the "games" of Ancient Rome or the public spectacle of watching executions in 19th century England, people do seem to enjoy stories about murder, death and tragedy as opposed to nice stories.

I'm no different. This site is meant to have have major parts dealing with media and entertainment How many such stories of that kind have I posted this year....?X/

• I have no bloodlust inclinations, I'm afraid. I like stories, and I write stories, about those who confront this and try to redress it. Of course that doesn't sell today, but I'm not willing to go against my soul's inclination, if I can put it that way. 8)

• US President Donald Trump's Twitter account briefly vanished on Thursday but has since been restored, the social media company said.

A customer service employee deactivated the @realdonaldtrump account, it said, clarifying that it had been their last day in the job.

The account was down for 11 minutes and Twitter is now investigating.

11 minutes that Trump couldn't tweet, he must have been wetting himself. Perhaps he thought his son in law was responsible.;)

• I think a Tweeting President is a sign that politics is a bona fide farce and we are all becoming the hapless tools of internet controlled opinion.

If something doesn't happen to stop this America will end up with Dennis the menace as president. Oh, wait ...

Trump is merely doing what everyone else does and that should please the masses who tend to push for this sort of thing, but in practice, things tend not to go the way they do in theory.

• Baby elephant stuck in water trough is rescued by other elephants

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Merriam-Webster and the Oxford English Dictionary have responded to this six-year-old's idea for a new word.

Levi Budd, from Victoria, Canada has got a clever new word for the world's greatest English language dictionaries.

Along the way he's won the backing of William Shatner.

Captain Kirk is supporting a campaign to get a new word put into the Oxford English dictionary and it's a very clever word too. Well done that boy!:

Levidromes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!