The Health forum.

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• There are some seriously interesting topics on here. I wish I'd joined sooner instead of wasting months on an American board and effing Twitter.

There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• There are some seriously interesting topics on here. I wish I'd joined sooner instead of wasting months on an American board and effing Twitter.

I only wish I had more time, as I'm interested in lots of stuff and especially science topics get ignored. Please create new threads on stuff, if you can't find an exiting topic on a subject.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I only wish I had more time, as I'm interested in lots of stuff and especially science topics get ignored. Please create new threads on stuff, if you can't find an exiting topic on a subject.

I considered posting one about when it was thought I had high blood pressure, and the experiences I went through until I lost a lot of weight (I was a carer at the time, and hadn't been able to exercise for about 4-5 years), and - bottom line - I didn't have chronic BP, and I obviously don't need any medications at all now. But one of the medications at the time had a serious side effect which, if any member here is on the specific one I'm talking about, then by learning about my experiences could save them a lot of suffering. Getting pressed for time now, but briefly - I was prescribed an ACE inhibitor; it worked, but after quite a few weeks I started coughing, and it became so bad (at night especially), and the intervening time frame meant I didn't make the connection, and by then I was approaching the stage of becoming unable to do the caring on so little sleep. Thankfully though, when I couldn't take it any more, one of my great team of GP's called up my computer record, spotted I was on the ACE inhibitors, told me to stop taking them, and literally within 24 hours, the cough had gone. That's the kind of info which can be very useful to someone in a similar predicament to myself, if not for themselves then for someone they know.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• The lay out of this forum site is exceptional. The best I have seen.

when you see an Apple Tree why be surprised it grows Apples.

People don't believe lies because they have to - they believe lies because they want to.

• Ramipril?

It was a long time ago so I don't remember was it was called. I've just Googled ACE inhibitors and they all end in 'pril', but I didn't recognise the one I had out of all those which were listed; all I do remember is that it didn't end in 'pril'.