The Health forum.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Choosing not to abort a deaf baby is completely different to aborting a hearing child because they want a deaf child. The latter is totally inexcusable.

As I said I can understand wanting to only bring a child into a similar environment to fit in but I don't agree with it

I post as a former foster parent, I suppose classed as typical middle class in the great scheme of things, and it was difficult for children from a different backgound to easily fit in and live to our standards

• I think it is rational for a Black couple to prefer to adopt a child of the same ethnicity, in fact I consider such a preference to be highly intelligent and logical. Just as with any and all of a certain ethnicity, or colour or nationality. The real problems only come if you are white and openly state you want a child of white ethnicity.. because this will be interpreted, BY THE LEFTIE RADICAL - NUT JOBS, as hating blacks and non whites.

• My parents adopted three girls, all sisters, while my Dad was away in the war and before they even tried for children of their own. The girls had broad Scottish accents (or so I was told, as they came from Portobello), aged 2, 3 & 4 and the whole neighbourhood clubbed together to get clothing coupons to clothe them. Their parents were distant relatives but they broke up but their Dad was in the war, and their Mum couldn't take the girls. I don't know if fostering was available then, but I do know my Mum was the most devoted 'do gooder' I have ever known. She would have given her last penny to help a total stranger. My Dad was a lot tougher, but Mum usually got her own way. My adopted sisters were much older than me and my other sister so I don't remember much from them living at home. Two of them drifted away, but the middle one has stayed 'with the family' but is getting on in years. I lost my other sister in 2018.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• If I was ever to adopt I would certainly want a white child. If possible I would like an Irish child.

I can not see one single problem with this. But if I was to rescue a child in danger and raise said child.. I would not care one iota what colour, race, ethnicity the child is.

It is not the business of others, especially via government dictat, (except in protection of children) to tell me what to do.

• It is not the business of others, especially via government dictat, (except in protection of children) to tell me what to do.

Was that the policy of the courts that you worked in?

• Courts do not function on policy. The respective court puts the health and security of the child as the NUMBER ONE factor. Not the personal ego of the adults.

• Courts do not function on policy. The respective court puts the health and security of the child as the NUMBER ONE factor. Not the personal ego of the adults.

Courts function on applying the law as laid down by the government. ie dictat by the said government which you say has no business telling you what to do

"It is not the business of others, especially via government dictat, (except in protection of children) to tell me what to do."

• Courts function on applying the law as laid down by the government. ie dictat by the said government which you say has no business telling you what to do

"It is not the business of others, especially via government dictat, (except in protection of children) to tell me what to do."

So now you are telling me how it works? OK. I sat in a few Family Court cases presided over by a Crown Court Judge... what do you think the court is for? otherwise we would just do a gestapo style control or a King Solomon ruling.

• We have statute law and common law.. case law via precedent and statutory interpretation as the oil on the cogs. Judges rule and can set precedent, Judge made law, within the intended meaning of the statute- government as legislature. Judges hear all sides from all parties they have leeway within which they can rule or instruct. This is NOT at all government dictat.

• So now you are telling me how it works? OK. I sat in a few Family Court cases presided over by a Crown Court Judge... what do you think the court is for? otherwise we would just do a gestapo style control or a King Solomon ruling.

You are very good at pretending to miss the point

• I'm mentally ill but I don't believe any of us have a fully 100% working brain all the time. It can come down to foods we eat, conditions we live in, drugs we take, genetics or any number of things. The big one at the moment is anxiety and depression. Much of this I believe is the cause of modern technology and lifestyle. And no I don't mean feeling a bit Blue, I mean clinical depression. The whole world has gone mad. We can call it clown world but there is something serious in the air (pun intended) and I don't think the Internet and modern technology is helping and it's going to get much worse. Illness is all part of the process of us transitioning into the Borg collective. Brainwashing is the first step.

• I was raised in a home where we sat around the table to eat and play games and card games. We learned how to argue. How to accept losing and winning. How to understand each others character and behaviour. We laughed and rowed. The youngest was picked upon and the values of character and principles were honed.

When you were pushed too far you learned how to fight back and most important, you learned humility.

PC and postmodernist crap did not exist.

While we are looking at the degrees of mental illness I genuinely believe there is some mental impairment on the part of people who lose their rag, seeking a safe space when you mention a name or subject of which they can not tolerate.

Examples; I have literally sat in small groups, in a pub or house or on forums.... and mentioned the name "TRUMP" or "Tommy Robinson" or "Border control" et al. only to watch in shock ate individuals who shout, angrily, tellng me to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! and they threaten to walk away. .... "If you mention Trumps name again I am leaving and I aint fucking joking, shut the fuck up"!!!!!!****"""**!!

I am serious, this happens a lot. Those people have a mental health problem. I tell them to - fuck off then. Dont put your shit speech control on me!! The point is, such people never have any argument at all. They have nothing to say and can never speak the truth. Thankfully these morons are not winning the narrative. We have two on this forum. You can not even have a debate on the subject matter without them twisting to attack the member in person. This is the low baseline we are at.

• Dont put your shit speech control on me!! The point is, such people never have any argument at all. They have nothing to say and can never speak the truth.

You should watch the video of Melanie Phillips. She explains (better than I) that the reason they try to close down debate, de-platform people, use hate speech laws, etc. is because their ideology cannot be defended with truth or logic. The video is from 2018, but still relevant today.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• You should watch the video of Melanie Phillips. She explains (better than I) that the reason they try to close down debate, de-platform people, use hate speech laws, etc. is because their ideology cannot be defended with truth or logic. The video is from 2018, but still relevant today.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I agree. I am a subscriber to MP and I also nominated her for a seat in the House of Lords. I 100% support and respect ANY person who speaks the truth and backs up what they say... I dont have to totally agree with what they say. I despise Blair but he was right on the "2 strikes and out" sentencing for violent crime.

The leftie radical postmodernist idiots do not have the mental capacity to admit it when they are shown TRUTH. Not bias.. TRUTH. They then resort to name labelling .. "racist" - "xenophobe" - "homophobe" in an attempt to close down argument and because they do not have a clue.

The clear example, writ large: ... "the leave voters did not know what they were doing"?? booted into touch 3 times, by public vote and now literally wiped out by the election of Boris and the destruction of Corbyn... and STILL they do not get it.

• Sitting around a dinner table like you say was indeed the way. Social interaction with each other rather that eating a microwave meal or take away on the sofa watching brainwash TV. It's the modern world, tech and the ways of doing things now that is causing the problems. Even something as simple as workers only getting 30mins for lunch instead of 1h is having a huge impact. This means many workers don't have the time to eat a decent meal down the pub with a pint or go to a proper working man's cafe or whatever but instead rush out to the nearest snack-bar, coffeeshop for example to buy some quick fix junk and have a quick ciggie to help de-stress. By the time most get home they are knackered and many will turn to a bottle wine or something to help wind down. If only everything could just slow down.

• "Prince William and David Beckham team up to make football 'mentally healthy'"

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-w…ealthy-12037021

I'm getting tired of these wealthy people whinging about their mental health difficulties. As the saying goes "If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen"

Try taking a ordinary job and discover how real people struggle ton survive and have no time to even think about their mental health

• "Prince William and David Beckham team up to make football 'mentally healthy'"

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-w…ealthy-12037021

I'm getting tired of these wealthy people whinging about their mental health difficulties. As the saying goes "If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen"

Try taking a ordinary job and discover how real people struggle ton survive and have no time to even think about their mental health

They should give up heading the ball. That might help. Unless your name is Prince Andrew, in which case that would knock a bit of sense into him.

• They should give up heading the ball. That might help. Unless your name is Prince Andrew, in which case that would knock a bit of sense into him.

I can't make up my mind about this "folksy" approach from William and Harry when he was "in"

Can you imagine the Queen telling us how affected she was by the death of her father. Sh just gritted her teeth and got on with it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!