Friday the 13th? Do bad things really happen on this day?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • It's Friday 13th, the most cursed day in the calendar - allegedly - where everything is fated to go wrong. But where did we get the idea that it's a date when bad things happen?

On a walk through Birmingham city centre, everyone I ask has heard the notion that dark forces are at work on this "dreaded day". But do they believe it?

Some say this day is cursed, and I must admit I do always get a little chill down my spine on Friday the 13th, but why is this? It's just a say like any other, there's no unseen force doing bad things on this day, or is there?

I did trip over once on Friday 13th and banged my head. I was watching tv and wasn't paying attention to what I was actually doing, which was putting my trousers on.:)

Perhaps the day is really cursed after all. Watch out, especially when getting dressed!:evil:^^

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It's all superstitious nonsense.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Comes from the 13th disciple, so as it's religious in origin, no need to give it any concern. 8)

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• I think its all nonsense too, but just in case (and I'm glad its warm today) I'm not wearing any trousers.;)

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I think its all nonsense too, but just in case (and I'm glad its warm today) I'm not wearing any trousers.;)

=O

At least I'll be wearing my short shorts later. (The white leather ones;))

The fear is so widespread – an estimate suggests an extraordinary 17-21 million Americans are afraid of the day – that psychologists have even come up with a word for those who suffer from it: paraskavedekatriaphobia.

Source

The link goes on to list notable events for Friday 13th. TBQO I suspect it's just that people remember odd events *because* it's Friday 13th rather than any extra incidence on that day.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.