PRINCE ANDREW - is there no smoke without fire? Sex abuse of young girls allegations??

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Personally, I think the slimming shoud go further to zero. ;)

Well, the alternative is a presidential system, but we would no longer have the wealth of experience and the ‘soft power’ that Royalty gives us with such a system.

So although the system of monarchy has its faults, I think we have a good balance in this country.

What does need reform is the House of Lords. I would like to see that continue as are forming chamber, but occupied by people better equipped to carry out that role. There also needs to be a system in place to eject those who are not effective and not simply age related.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put Humpty together again.

I would like to see Parliament burnt to the ground preferably with all the MPs still inside and give the royals another go at running the show when William and Kate take the Throne, not right now but we could prepare for burning the MP's trousers. Coq au vin anyone or maybe some would prefer the Vagina Monologues. :D

• Well, the alternative is a presidential system, but we would no longer have the wealth of experience and the ‘soft power’ that Royalty gives us with such a system.

So although the system of monarchy has its faults, I think we have a good balance in this country.

What does need reform is the House of Lords. I would like to see that continue as are forming chamber, but occupied by people better equipped to carry out that role. There also needs to be a system in place to eject those who are not effective and not simply age related.

The short video below is an excellent source for understanding exactly what the Crown does in relation to politics and government in the UK.

I think that the Crown still has a valid role to play but clearly the peripheral members of the Royal Family should perhaps find other jobs.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Nah -- Could you imagine President Corbyn and the instability that would cause. Communism has no place in the UK.

Or President Starmer or President Boris Johnson

We need the Crown to keep the zealots and nutters in check.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!