PRINCE ANDREW - is there no smoke without fire? Sex abuse of young girls allegations??

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I don't think any of the royals are gifted with darting intelligence.

I think you must be pretty clever to persuade the population to keep you in luxury for your lifetime ;)

• Well you know what happened to the last King Charles so things could get interesting, Maybe we should start sharpening the axe now and time the event around the time of the world cup as that should bring things to a head and get the ball rolling. :P

• Well you know what happened to the last King Charles so things could get interesting, Maybe we should start sharpening the axe now and time the event around the time of the world cup as that should bring things to a head and get the ball rolling. :P

Didn't Diana in her infamous Bashir interview say that she didn't think he would be king?

Why has Camilla recently gone on about him being the fittest man of his age she knows, and she knows a few !

• Daily Mirror story link

• The Heirs are OK but the immediate "spares" in the royal family are useless losers. Andrew was pampered all his life and thought he was untouchable, he now knows differently. There is a turbulent time ahead for "Randy Andy"................ Harry was never the sharpest tool in the box and fell for a self-seeking actress. He didn't even have the intelligence to ditch her, despite much advice from his family members. Now he's stuck with her and her mother as she spews hatred of the UK and UK society at every opportunity. He's so thick he hasn't recognised that he is being played for the fool he is.

The Voice of Reason

• Phil's obviously not a happy chappie.

• It must be disappointing for Prince Philip to see how Andrew has turned out and also how much of an idiot his grandson Harry has made of his life. Both Andrew And Harry were the "Spares", so they had no real role in life. Andrew took up a friendship with Epstein and Harry was mesmerized by a divorced actress who took over his life and is making an idiot out of him. Both Andrew and Harry are flawed characters and should never be included in the Royal Firm.

The Voice of Reason

• Looks like they've hung him out to dry.

• They are both pretty well out of the Royal circle now. The Queen's strategy is going to plan. Apart from the Queen and Prince Philip, only Charles (with Camilla), William & Kate and their children are now of any importance at all. The rest of them are being hived off nicely.

Smart tactics in the case of Andrew, and Anne never wanted to be Royal anyway. She couldn't do anything about being given a title herself, but she made sure her kids didn't have one. She still carries out her royal duties, and with a will...... but it's pretty clear she'd rather she'd never had the title in the first place. I've got a lot of time for Anne.

Slimming the royal family down is a smart move too. That will make it more acceptable to the public who for some time have considered it to be too big and overblown. Again, I think a lot of the minor royals won't mind. They've got their connections and they'll do fine.

We'll still have a bit of the "traditional" monarchy when Charles ascends. He's an ageing aristocrat born and bred in the old ways. We'll have to wait until William becomes king before the real modernisation takes place, but that's OK... we've got time.

• I agree, Jenny. I am afraid that Charles will set back the monarchy. William and Kate are much more popular, but how old will they be when they take over? It could be another 25 years plus yet with Charles’ prospective longevity.

I don't think he'll set the monarchy back, rather he'll maintain the status quo to a great extent, but with some leanings towards ecological issues.

He won't be any sort of reformer, but at a guess......... and it is only a guess....... some of his "green" sympathies could resonate with younger people.

However....... as I suggested above........ he is an aristocrat through and through and he can't do anything to change that. It's bred into him and has been a part of him for all his life so far.

"Standing still" rather than going forward, and in today's world, that is a negative.

As for his age, well, he is 72 now so 25 years would take him up to 97. A very possible age for somebody who lives healthily.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!