Would you spend £250k on a Home Cinema system?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • A new luxury home cinema sound system has been launched that costs more than the average price of a home.

At a cost of £200,000 for the technology and at least an extra £65,000 to cover installation costs, you'll need a deep pocket to buy the new home cinema kit - which is the first of its kind to be launched in Britain.

Now, if I had the dosh, would I splash out on a nice 65" OLED tv? The answer would probably be yes, but if I was rich, I'm not sure I'd waste this amount on just watching tv and films. Would you?

The article (just click on the orange "Quote from Mail Online" to go to the article) goes on to talk about a high end sound system called Meyer, has anyone ever heard of this, I certainly haven't? Supposedly, these Meyer sound systems are what the Hollywood A-listers use and now these systems are available to buy in the UK too. Seems a total overkill to me.

Now, if I had the dosh and a spare basement, I probably would turn it into a home cinema room, but not sure I'd spend £250k on it though!

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• And I thought Bang and Olufsen was the top of the range home cinema stuff.

No, I can think of better things to spend £250k on and a perfectly good home cinema could be got for a lot less.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I'd need more friends or a bigger family as well as a much bigger bank balance and house - then yes I might well do. When you see how much people spend on a watch that only tells the time this seems almost sensible!

• .... I was at a gallery earlier today, and one of the paintings had a price tag of over a million and I thought it was utter "new age" rubbish, so yes, putting it like that, I agree.

And I thought Bang and Olufsen was the top of the range home cinema stuff.

So did I, and for wooden boxes with a few electronics in them, they're overprices as it is.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.