The clocks are a changing!

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Bring on the light!

What a hellish winter its been and no doubt I'll be complaining soon about the heat within a few months. :)

• Gov’t Decision to Delay Daylight Savings Puts Lebanon in Two Time Zones
    Lebanon has woken up in two time zones amid an escalating dispute between political and religious authorities over the government’s decision to postpone winter…
    english.aawsat.com

Maybe this is the way forward if this is too controversial a decision for the government to grasp. Those of us who want to leave the clocks as they are could self identify as living on BST and we refuse to alter our watches. Flexible working arrangements would help us to do this.

Of course, we’d have to remember to deduct an hour to understand bus timetables and shop opening times, for example, but it could work for some of us.

Those people with kids would still have to adhere to school times of course, but at least under this system, they could have a bit of a lie-in! Their new school times would be 10am to 5pm!

• Just a heads up to members that BST ends at 2am on Sunday 29th October and the clocks go back so an extra hour in bed.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I was sunbathing in my garden until 4 and very nice it was too. Won't be nice when it's dark by 4 soon, though.

I prefer dark evening to dark mornings, but would prefer we just kept the same time all year round.

Me too and I agree, I prefer the lighter mornings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!