I'm a non-entity, get me out of here!

• Well it's getting close to that time of year when ITV will roll out the two Geordie midgets for another dose of the annual bore fest of so-called celebs in the so-called jungle, oh what fun.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Well it's getting close to that time of year when ITV will roll out the two Geordie midgets for another dose of the annual bore fest of so-called celebs in the so-called jungle, oh what fun.

Cannot agree with you, to see z-listers being humiliated is very entertaining, certainly better than dancing, singing and cooking competitions , they are bore fests.

• I've seen a few minutes each of a couple of the shows and the thing that sprung to mind with these so called reality programmes is they are making people eat really dodgy stuff, all great "entertainment" and all that (:rolleyes:) until it kills someone.

There was a programme on CH 4 decades ago, long before Big Brother, that warned that tv could become like the gladiatorial arenas of Rome, a bit like the film Running Man. That said, if some of these zlisters were to get culled, that would be quite entertaining. Has Piers Morgan got a invite yet?8o

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It's a fake jungle for fake people, nothing but set up nonsense, at least with ITV doing something like this its not the license fee that pays for it

Cannot agree with you, to see z-listers being humiliated is very entertaining, certainly better than dancing, singing and cooking competitions , they are bore fests.

In my opinion all of the big brother, dancing, singing, cooking, surviving in fake jungle and what have you shows are crap.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• ITV 1 was virtually unwatchable yesterday as every advert break they were promoting this crap as if it was the only thing worth watching, needless to say I didn't watch it, I was watching the BBC's adaptation of "Howards End" instead.

• ITV is the Jeremy Kyle, Simon Cowell, Coronation Street Channel etc. If you like those things, those people, it's good.

• I just saw a clip for the start of the show which showed Stanley Johnson entering a huge mansion and then questioning who everyone else was because he doesn't watch soaps or reality tv. I have to say, it was hilarious. If they had stayed in that mansion rather than going into the jungle, I would be tempted to watch it.

• Somebody who is only there because they are the father of a MP asking who the rest of them are, seems kind of ironic or whatever, doesn't it?

• Indeed it was brilliant stuff. I'm sure the irony of that was completely lost on him as he was reading his books of Latin, or whatever he does in his spare time.

I know who is Stanley Johnson is, but like him, I don't know who the others were either. Still don't!:)

• I noticed the headline a few days ago when Stanley had to leave and he asked, "joked" whether Boris was still foreign secretary or not. That's how much faith he has in his own son!

• Just watching the Daily Politics and they just mentioned who won I'm a celebrity on there. Some woman I've never heard of from another reality show I've never watched or ever will.:)

This lady is actually some toff from Chelsea, so I suppose that's just slighter better than some benefits claimant from Bradford, but only just. To think ITV used to have entertainment shows on with people who used to dance, sing, make jokes etc. Now we have a reality show where all nonentities compete with each other by eating kangaroo bollocks to win.:rolleyes:X/

The fact that this show gets millions of viewers, shows how this country has degenerated into the gutter.X/

• When you consider the fee they get for doing it it's very easy to understand the motivation, Amir Khan the ex-boxer is rumoured to be getting £300k for doing it, not bad for sitting in a fake jungle for a couple of weeks, with a jolly in a posh hotel thrown in for good measure.

• History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I could just about tolerate Ant and Dec in their early days, but now they have become tiresome and boring, they seem to be trying too hard to be funny and failing miserably, a lot of there so called humour is based on repeating the same unfunny nonsense over and over again.

• Can't stand them - spit. What talent do they supposedly have?

When you consider the fee they get for doing it it's very easy to understand the motivation, Amir Khan the ex-boxer is rumoured to be getting £300k for doing it, not bad for sitting in a fake jungle for a couple of weeks, with a jolly in a posh hotel thrown in for good measure.

I always thought it was for reality "stars" or celebs from decades ago to try and get their careers back, didn't realise how profitable it is! Khan is a multi-millionaire, but 300k is not be sniffed at, especially the rate these people burn through dosh.

• Big Brother has denied claims that Stormy Daniels didn't go into the Celebrity Big Brother House because producers wanted to "control" her.

The adult film star was expected to be one of the housemates this series, which started on Thursday night.

But she pulled out at the last minute, and her lawyer said producers "tried to script a result" that she wouldn't go along with.

Well, the annual freak show, otherwise known as Celebrity Big Brother has started again the other day and no, I didn't watch it! I read over the list of contestants and I simply didn't know who most of these "celebs" are.

I must admit the whole Stormy Daniels/Trump thing has simply passed me by. I'll suppose at some point, I might read the back stories on it, but I don't really know anything about it apart from she had some connection to Trump.

The fact that this show is still going, despite its move to CH5, shows there is still a massive appetite for this stuff. Perhaps we should do what the Romans did and put them in a big stadium with lions and weapons and let them slug it out. To me, it's nothing more than a sick gladiatorial contest, except no blood has been spilled - yet.

Why are these kind of shows so popular?

• I remember watching BB years ago when it first started on CH4, as for the so called celeb version I think I have only ever watched part of one episode and from what I remember it was just a group of women screeching at each other one of them was that Jade Goody woman who was only famous for appearing on the non celeb version of BB anyway, but anyway what I saw was enough to put me off ever watching it again.

• I saw the same thing Ron and like you, lasted only a few minutes.

BTW, I hope you didn't mind that I hijacked your thread with the BB story, but I lump all these kind of shows as the same thing and as your thread was here already for the jungle crap, I thought this was the place to post about BB too.:)

This can be the official reality show thread.:):whistling:

• I saw the same thing Ron and like you, lasted only a few minutes.

BTW, I hope you didn't mind that I hijacked your thread with the BB story, but I lump all these kind of shows as the same thing and as your thread was here already for the jungle crap, I thought this was the place to post about BB too.:)

This can be the official reality show thread.:):whistling:

I have no problem with lumping all the reality nonsense on one thread as they are certainly not worthy of individual threads and the title is fitting of all of them, all of the people that appear on them are non-entities who are just attention seeking anyway.

• I haven't commented, because I don't watch any of them. I did watch the first 'I'm a celebrity' and wasn't impressed. It's about humiliation ... and some careful editing to brainwash the viewers into liking/disliking certain participants.

• Exactly Fidget. And that's ultimately Facebook's agenda too, albeit via different means.

Just because some people are stupid and ignorant doesn't mean they should be used and abused.

Someone will get killed in these so-called entertainment shows at some point.

I have no problem with lumping all the reality nonsense on one thread as they are certainly not worthy of individual threads and the title is fitting of all of them, all of the people that appear on them are non-entities who are just attention seeking anyway.

Stay calm at this, but I probably will start having a few celeb related threads on here soon. In fact, I think I had one the other day, I think.:/

Digital Spy gets millions of views for its shitty Big Brother and celeb fest forums. I sure as hell have no intention of creating whole forums for this kind of crap, but there probably will be more threads on celeb related matters here, contrary to what I've been saying for the last 18 months.

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.:(

• He was given a warning and sparked more than 1000 Ofcom complaints after he used the N-word in the house.

And Rodrigo Alves shared a video of his former housemate, Natalie Nunn, using the controversial term after his explosive exit from the Celebrity Big Brother house on Saturday.

The Human Ken Doll, 35, took to his Instagram after leaving the show on Friday night to document his night out with the Bad Girls Club star, who was evicted on the same evening, 33, in London.

I don't know why anyone gets surprised or angered about this stuff. BB especially the celeb version, is a freak contest and it seems like these sort of things is exactly what the show's producers want.

I've only ever seen Mr Alves once and that was for a few minutes when he gave a interview on This Morning last year, which by the way has turned into another freak show with Philip Schofield ogling young women in bikinis on one hand, to some extremely camp and loud presenter who spends all his time shouting when he appears. I can't even remember his name, anyway I digress...

Alves was interviewed by Schofield and I simply couldn't watch the whole interview. He is clearly a very troubled person and I don't understand why television, especially our main broadcast channels have degenerated in such a way, that they not only give a platform to such people, but actively promote them too.

Like all this reality stuff, it's cruel. No one is really interested in Alves and the only reason he and others like him are on tv so much, is so that they can be mocked and humiliated.

It won't be too long before such people are put into a stadium and then cheering crowds will enjoy the spectacle of these people being eaten alive by lions and human "evolvement" would've gone full circle.:(

• I see the fiXfactor is back this weekend some new judges but still got Cowell on there but since its his show he has to be there to decide the winner. :thumbdown:

Also Strictly Prancing like prats show will be back soon too. :thumbdown:

• I quite like Strictly Come Dancing only for the music and dancing, but the judges bit I could do well without. That said, of last year's series, I probably only saw about three hours in total of it, so not that bigger fan. The Halloween episode is usually worth watching, though.

And as you say, The Simon Cowell Show returns us well, with his smug, pretentious opinions on everyone. What talent does he have?