Children In Need 2019: Star-studded BBC appeal raises £47.9m.

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• I've never heard of any problems with the money going astray and as this is very high profile, the BBC are under a massive spotlight to get things right.

I've never saw yesterday's show, but more and more, it seems to be filled with celebs I've never heard of.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I've never heard of any problems with the money going astray and as this is very high profile, the BBC are under a massive spotlight to get things right.

I've never saw yesterday's show, but more and more, it seems to be filled with celebs I've never heard of.

And I've never heard that it is audited - how easy it would be for a sum of that size should a few million to go missing?

There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

Great fuss here some years ago when it was revealed that Children in Need had approved a grant for the Isles of Scilly to build a swimming pool at their school

A place with the most magnificent and safe beaches are to be found

Local uproar, and a local Councillor made an appeal to give money people were thinking of giving to C.inN. to help a local girl get a wheelchair that was suitable for her needs. She was around 12 years old, very disabled, and in the crazy bureaucratic world of the NHS she was only allowed a new wheelchair every seven years so she was being squeezed into the one she had since she was seven

In a week they had enough money and more, C.inN. and lost out. The swimming pool was cancelled

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I wouldn't trust the BBC to feed my cat. They have been accused of stashing the money. But hey... Jimmy Saville was a great charity guy for children.

when you see an Apple Tree why be surprised it grows Apples.

People don't believe lies because they have to - they believe lies because they want to.

• I don't donate to them, imo there are no children in need in the UK but in places like Africa where there are children who are orphaned, have HIV and AIDS, are homeless and hungry

They are really in need

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I never donate to the "big guys" if you wait long enough there is always corruption to be found. They seem so high status you are called a conspiracy theorist if you claim the are fiddling the money. I claimed Oxfam was on the fiddle years ago.. told I am a conspiracy theorist idiot.... well, surprise surprise.!!

Many of the "actors" it is claimed, are paid a fee when they partake in CiN.

People don't believe lies because they have to - they believe lies because they want to.

• I never donate to the "big guys" if you wait long enough there is always corruption to be found. They seem so high status you are called a conspiracy theorist if you claim the are fiddling the money. I claimed Oxfam was on the fiddle years ago.. told I am a conspiracy theorist idiot.... well, surprise surprise.!!

Many of the "actors" it is claimed, are paid a fee when they partake in CiN.

It was revealed that "Saint" Terry got paid I think it was £5,000 to present the show

His response, he failed to notice it slipping into his account X(

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Great fuss here some years ago when it was revealed that Children in Need had approved a grant for the Isles of Scilly to build a swimming pool at their school

A place with the most magnificent and safe beaches are to be found

Local uproar, and a local Councillor made an appeal to give money people were thinking of giving to C.inN. to help a local girl get a wheelchair that was suitable for her needs. She was around 12 years old, very disabled, and in the crazy bureaucratic world of the NHS she was only allowed a new wheelchair every seven years so she was being squeezed into the one she had since she was seven

In a week they had enough money and more, C.inN. and lost out. The swimming pool was cancelled

Big deal! Dig a hole in the ground, install a filtration pump, line it with ceramic tiles, and fill it with water . . . £15K tops, out of tens of millions of pounds? 'Do the math!' as yanks say??

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• I dont suppose cancelling HS2 Rail Link ..99.9% of people do not want it and will never find a use for it.... then redirect the money to help CHILDREN IN NEED << I suppose thats too much to ask. Or perhaps we insist the Royals stop stashing money offshore?? I suppose thats too much to ask? or MPs could have foregone their 12% pay rise over the past 4 years while everyone else had to take pay cuts?? I suppose that is too much to ask??

• I dont suppose cancelling HS2 Rail Link ..99.9% of people do not want it and will never find a use for it.... then redirect the money to help CHILDREN IN NEED << I suppose thats too much to ask. Or perhaps we insist the Royals stop stashing money offshore?? I suppose thats too much to ask? or MPs could have foregone their 12% pay rise over the past 4 years while everyone else had to take pay cuts?? I suppose that is too much to ask??

I get around a lot, and being an observant man (and I often wish that I weren't!) notice a lot of ominous signs pointing to mass insanity. And this is in addition to the insanity I see on tv, especially in sports reportage. I won't elucidate on them in case I get banned for depressing FB's membership.

• Or the Nationlisation of sections of our rail system. The money goes to other countries for their public services. I aint interested in a few B celebs raking in money by sleeping in a bath full of Beans.

• Or the Nationlisation of sections of our rail system. The money goes to other countries for their public services. I aint interested in a few B celebs raking in money by sleeping in a bath full of Beans.

Let me ask you a couple of questions: Do you believe the Salisbury/Novichok was nothing other than an anti-Russia charade? And do you think the upgrade of Trident and the acquisition at vast expense of two aircraft carrier is money well spent?

• I have never fallen for that Novichok invented incident. I do not think the money on Aircraft Carriers was money well spent. I am in two minds on the Nuclear defence thing.

Just to add.. I have never, ever been sheeplike in my thinking or actions. Even if I was the only person, in a room of 1000 people, if I deduced a stance on a matter I would not be flounced by the fact more people than I hold to an opposing stance. I accept I can literally be wrong or misinformed but my stance is always my own.

You only have to look at the state of UK politics a few years back to see.... Cameron - Miliband - Clegg ??? this was the state of our country... 3 leaders who valued semantics and lies above anything.. they are even trained how to ply their semantics.

The fact Trump won in USA is living proof that people can dump the two-faced liars (clintons) and go for a person who says it as it is.

• I have never fallen for that Novichok invented incident. I do not think the money on Aircraft Carriers was money well spent. I am in two minds on the Nuclear defence thing.

Just to add.. I have never, ever been sheeplike in my thinking or actions. Even if I was the only person, in a room of 1000 people, if I deduced a stance on a matter I would not be flounced by the fact more people than I hold to an opposing stance. I accept I can literally be wrong or misinformed but my stance is always my own.

You only have to look at the state of UK politics a few years back to see.... Cameron - Miliband - Clegg ??? this was the state of our country... 3 leaders who valued semantics and lies above anything.. they are even trained how to ply their semantics.

The fact Trump won in USA is living proof that people can dump the two-faced liars (clintons) and go for a person who says it as it is.

Oh dear

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

Good for you - one of my sigs is 'Do not follow the common herd, but be of independent mind.'

My instinct with Trident is a) as I said on here a few days ago, the next war won't be fought with ballistics - and that includes nukes, and b) directly related to that conviction is that we won't know who our enemy is in order to retaliate with nukes, who why TF have them?