The Mandalorian

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• The Mandalorian

(2019)

Overview

Set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order, we follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. Read more

Genres

• Sci-Fi & Fantasy
    • Action & Adventure
  • Disney launched their new Disney+ streaming service the other day and with it some original shows not available elsewhere. Unfortunately, for those of us in the UK, Disney+ will not be launching until next year, so if you want to watch this show, you will need to find it via other means.

Having seen the first ep, I like this! Disney has spent the house on this series and it is full blown Star Wars complete with spaceships and droids a plenty, but much more serious in tone and is set during the era of the original three films.

As for the story, the main character is a bounty hunter who is part of a order of bounty hunters called the Mandalorians and he is sent on missions to get his bounties. We get to see where the mandalorians are based and also get a bit of back story on the main character, as to why he became a mandalorian in the first place. The episode ends with a intriguing dilema for the mandalorian, I'll say no more than that.

If you like Star Wars, I think you'll like this.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Peoples' reviews are very encouraging and I'm a great fan of Star Wars. I see the first two episodes are available in 1080p from the usual place. I'll get them down and take a look.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Tried playing the first episode last night but there's a problem with the sound on the TV. Says unsupported content. AC3 codec in .mkv which normally plays fine. I'll have to re-code it with another codec like AAC.

[edit] Because the files are under 4gigs I'll put them on the lappy and use its HDMI output to view them, save mucking about.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• You keep having this issue with playing files Heero. Perhaps get a fire tv stick in the sales, they're going cheap at the moment and the latest 4k version is best with the faster chip.

• You keep having this issue with playing files Heero.

It's only a few files that have a problem.

Anyhow I put the first episode onto a memory stick and we watched it using the laptop feeding the TV. The setup works well as the laptop output is full 1080p on HDMI.

Really like this, top notch effects and the story is absorbing. I have episode 2 ready to watch as well. We'll have to see how the story develops.

4312-gwban-gif

• Yep, they've spent the money on this series. There's a interview on the internet with the creator of the series along with Disey#s boss and they explained that they created a brand new virtual reality studio to film this series, which has never been done before. I think they've done a good job.

• Watched the second episode last night. Good stuff.

4312-gwban-gif

Edited once, last by Horizon: Ahem. Remember the spoiler Rule otherwise I'll set my moderator on you. :) ().

• Oops!

Episode 3 now available from the usual sources.

4312-gwban-gif

• Just watched episode 3: Gripping stuff. I won't give anything away but a really amusing bit at the end where the mandalorian is making his escape in his space ship and one of the guild appears next to him in some kind of flying suit and salutes him.

His comment: " I've got to get me one of those" ^^

4312-gwban-gif

• Episode 4 now available. Probably watch this tonight.

4312-gwban-gif

• Well as stated on another forum a bit formulaic: Magnificent seven etc.

Still we'll see where it goes from now.

4312-gwban-gif

• It seems like he will carry out the good deed of the week while looking after his "charge." More aimed at kids as Star Wars was always originally meant to be for.