Have the Tories been threatened with withdrawal of Party contributions if the UK leaves without a FTA, or at least low tariff deal?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • There seems to be a marked difference in May and co. since her " NO deal is better than a bad deal" assertion some time ago. After all, it is businesses that have largely gained from EU membership - tariff free trade, a huge pool of labour, which does tend to keep wages down - and all by courtesy of the taxpayer paying the huge subsidy .

I realise that the majority of UK businesses do not trade with the EU , but the number that do is quite significant, and even those that don't trade with the EU also benefit greatly from the large Labour pool availability.

• I'd imagine that most party funds come from The City and today it was reported that 50 banks are talking to the ECB about possible relocation of their people to outside the UK.

Some of these bank bosses may well have threatened May with withdraw of funds.

• I'd imagine that most party funds come from The City and today it was reported that 50 banks are talking to the ECB about possible relocation of their people to outside the UK.

Some of these bank bosses may well have threatened May with withdraw of funds.

Well .I certainly don't know what it is, but something is certainly making her 'toe' the line as far as the EU is concerned. I guess I shouldn't really have believed her sincerity when she claimed that no deal is better than a bad deal ---- as she sure doesn't appear to believe that now - and her city backers do appear to be the logical source that has changed her mind.The situation is crying out for someone with the gumption to tell them to get lost....;...but that someone is nowhere to be seen. It looks likes the EU is winning hands down ---again!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!