Hastings lifeboat assists as migrant vessel is brought to shore in Dungeness

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• Hastings lifeboat assists as migrant vessel is brought to shore in Dungeness

I don't know why the government doesn't simply set up a ferry service between Calais and the south coast, then a) the French government won't need to supply any more dinghies for the illegals, b) they wouldn't have to risk their lives in the busiest stretch of shipping waterway in the world, and c) the Royal Navy could re-deploy the Channel cutters to more worthwhile uses, and save the taxpayers a fortune in fuel costs t'boot. 'Those whom the gods wish to destroy . . .'! :rolleyes:

https://www.hastingsobserver.c…re-in-dungeness-1-9145418

There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

Edited once, last by Horizon: added header and copied thread into main immigration thread. ().

• I am happy the CE of the RNLI is earning his £190,000 annual wage.

when you see an Apple Tree why be surprised it grows Apples.

People don't believe lies because they have to - they believe lies because they want to.

• I am happy the CE of the RNLI is earning his £190,000 annual wage.

. . . and whilst those who are out there risking their lives to save other lives in stormy seas (the real purpose of lifeboats) are paid peanuts, our CE is slowly turning around and around in his leather chair wondering how he can spend all his money. Ah well, that's 'bureaucracy' for you.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• The media is keeping this alive by constant reports on the plight of illegals with a suitably sad looking female UK journalist in the bows of a migrant ship or out in some windblown desert among desperate tent dwellers and articles of what a terrible time migrants are having getting to the UK. (Just when you might be thinking that stopping people trafficking by those making money out of it was a solution to this misery.)

I presume these articles are intended to make anyone thinking "Hang on a minute" immediately go quiet and feel contrite.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• The media is keeping this alive by constant reports on the plight of illegals with a suitably sad looking female UK journalist in the bows of a migrant ship or out in some windblown desert among desperate tent dwellers and articles of what a terrible time migrants are having getting to the UK. (Just when you might be thinking that stopping people trafficking by those making money out of it was a solution to this misery.)

I presume these articles are intended to make anyone thinking "Hang on a minute" immediately go quiet and feel contrite.

It's just another part of the insanity which has stricken the western world.

• It's just another part of the insanity which has stricken the western world.

I know a chap who is long serving crew on Hastings Lifeboat.. we spent hours over a few beers with him telling me all about his risky trips (understating it) I listened with 100% keenness.

But, I will not donate to the RNLI while the CE gets all that money.

As for immigrants... I want total border control. Its not easy but thats what I want.

I speak as an immigrant.

Australians - New Zealanders - Canadians and more.. function under the Union Flag and Queen Elizabeth - yet they can NOT simply sail into the UK and stay legally.

People don't believe lies because they have to - they believe lies because they want to.

• It's just another part of the insanity which has stricken the western world.

Yes... all created by the leftie liberal, post-modernists. With their PC and "hate speech" law. They failed with their Communist wooley jumper antics so now push identity politics.

• I know a chap who is long serving crew on Hastings Lifeboat.. we spent hours over a few beers with him telling me all about his risky trips (understating it) I listened with 100% keenness.

But, I will not donate to the RNLI while the CE gets all that money.

As for immigrants... I want total border control. Its not easy but thats what I want.

I speak as an immigrant.

Australians - New Zealanders - Canadians and more.. function under the Union Flag and Queen Elizabeth - yet they can NOT simply sail into the UK and stay legally.

No, it wouldn't apply to them because the whole idea is to dilute and then destroy western cultures, and they don't fit the bill.