When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Hello everyone,

I live in the southern of Germany and I'm interested in politics, technology and media.

Of course, you now ask why a German is actually here: That's actually quite simple, I want to get in touch with multiple points of view, so I can summarize and form my opinion better.

I'm especially interested in these political topics:

• Public broadcasting
    • The British culture
    • Immigration
    • The EU
    • German Bundestag and Bundesrat
    • my political party(the SPD)
    • last, but not least, the process of Great Britain leaving the EU.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask me. :)

Please keep in mind, that I'm still in the process of learning English, so please be kind with my grammar or spelling mistakes. I work hard to improve my skills, I like the language, but I obviously need feedback for that. :) (Do not worry that from time to time I switch from Australian, American or British English to another "dialect" sometimes, I'm learning them at the same time in school.)

Regards

Jens

German, with different opinions.

Please correct my spelling and grammar mistakes ;)

• Guten tag! Wie geht's? Und Willkommen. :)

(I took German for seven years at school, but that was so long ago and I had no Germans to talk to, so my German has basically disappeared. I can say hello to you, though. Did I make any mistakes!)

• Hello Jens

I am interested in all those topics you mentioned too and you've picked the right time and the right place to talk about Brexit.

As for spelling and grammar, I am British and after more than four decades, I can barely put a sentence together without at least some basic spelling and grammatical errors in it. Put that down to the British school system (and me being totally thick) so don't worry about it.:)

A few differences in language between English and all those other languages purporting to be English:

Britons say rubbish instead of trash. So, in this software it says move to the trash can, that is not terminology we use. A can is something we might put coins in.

Customisation is spelt with a S not a Z.

Colour is spelt with a U in it.

That's a few differences to start of with.

Welcome again.:)

Horizon

• Hello and welcome, the only German I know is "Vorsprung Durch Technik".

The Germans are good at making stuff. This forum software is German made.

I can only speak a couple of words of it myself.

Had a excellent German teacher at school and I would've go onto to study it in O Level, but the teacher announced he was leaving, so I dropped German as a subject. The teacher was happy though, he got double the wages at his next school!

• Yes especially Audi even thought I don't own or drive one, I also like Bratwurst, so that's another German word I know.

They do have a thing for sausages, don't they?

When I was last over there for their beer fest, sausages everywhere! I'm sure I read somewhere that kebabs have become a firm favourite too, a bit like the UK.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!