Christmas Telly. Are you looking forward to it?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Just seen a bit of Morecambe and Wise and they were really old eps. To be honest, a bit too dated for my tastes. Hopefully they'll show some more "recent" episodes soon.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Just watched a fascinating biography of the children's author Roald Dalh on BBC 2 just now.

What a interesting life he led, from his earlier travels in Africa, to his wartime experiences as a pilot and then ultimately as a Mi6 agent based in Washington where he had access to the rich and famous. This led led him down the road to become a writer where he met everyone from Walt Disney to FDR.

He also had immense tragedy in his life from all his friends killed in the war to his family. His young son had a serious brain injury and Dalh helped to invent what we would now call stents that saved his son's life, to the death of his oldest daughter from meningitis. His wife, a famous American actress, had three strokes and he enlisted the entire village where they lived to help her mend. And her confused phrases as she was trying to relearn to speak is what he used in his books.

Catch on iplayer if you can, it's called The Marvellous World of Roald Dalh.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.