Christians should pray for Prince George to be gay, says C of E minister

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.

Christians should pray for Prince George to be gay to force support for same-sex marriage in the Church of England, a senior Anglican minister and LGBTQ campaigner has said.

The Very Rev Kelvin Holdsworth, provost of St Mary’s Cathedral in Glasgow, made the comments in a blog he reposted about LGBTQ inclusion in the Church of England following the announcement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s engagement.

In the post, he writes that Christians should pray “for the Lord to bless Prince George with a love, when he grows up, of a fine young gentleman”.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk…-gay-says-c-of-e-minister

And so off go another few thousand would be Christians out of the church. One has to wonder how the established religions can claim to believe the Bible is the word of God and then do the opposite of what is says. The Bible is emphatically opposed to homosexual acts so is it any wonder that as someone once said, "Every day people are leaving the church and going back to God." ?

• :D

Actually, it's not funny, but one can't help laughing at idiots. There are almost certainly many gay folk who think the Rev is off his chump.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Having a gay monarch in Britain is not without precidence though the most notorious one, Edward II, met an unfortunate death at the wrong end of a red hot poker up his backside.

Even if one of the royals is gay, and I can think of a suitable candidate, it would be unlikely to be made "official".

As for praying for George the idea is ridiculous.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• https://www.theguardian.com/uk…-gay-says-c-of-e-minister

And so off go another few thousand would be Christians out of the church. One has to wonder how the established religions can claim to believe the Bible is the word of God and then do the opposite of what is says. The Bible is emphatically opposed to homosexual acts so is it any wonder that as someone once said, "Every day people are leaving the church and going back to God." ?

I wonder if anyone in the Church has ever read the Bible, about the most violent, intolerant piece of rubbish a read there is.

As for wanting the boy to grow up gay, who would ever want that for a child? To be part of a vilified minority. Totally insane, but I suspect there maybe another agenda here....

As for gay rights, yet again some priests are using the cover of gay rights to get what they really want which is nothing to do with gay rights but instead an open season on buggering little boys. I can't remember, was buggery in the bible, everything else was?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I can't remember, was buggery in the bible, everything else was?

Quite probably. One has to remember that before modern medicine and hygene many practices, not just sexual ones, were risky and prohobiting then in the name of religeon was actually a form of public health message. Pork for example will go off really fast in a hot climate and is also a source of parasites if not properly cooked. Hence it's banning by many religeons.

At least in these more enlightened times being gay does not have the appalling stigma that it used to have. However wishing it upon someone is hardly a Christian attitude.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• If you look at what the bible has to say about women you have a similarly unacceptable set of injunctions.

Praying for George to be gay is the same as praying for a gay monarch to be straight. Daft and outdated. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to alter what Nature has made. Religion merely seeks to make what nature has made into camps of acceptable and unacceptable to God.

Gay folk make up such a small overall percentage of any population I think thrusting them and the whole LGBT community into the spotlight is an intrusion into their reality. They are merely being used to foster something that doesn't have anything to do with being LGBT.

• Religion wants to make camps of what is acceptable and unacceptable to themselves only, not whatever God they purport to believe in.

I fully agree with that last paragraph LW.

My opinions on gay rights has evolved over the years, let me phrase it like that.... I think under law, gay people should be treated the same. Some things I'm not quite there yet like on gay marriage or at least calling it marriage, but what pisses me off about some priests is that they have a hidden agenda. Not that it's hidden, they're quite blatant.

It's well known now that the Church, especially the Catholic version is a sanctuary for paedophiles and not only that, but they actively allow their "members" to carry out their acts.

To use a young kid to further what they purport to be gay rights is total bollocks, they should just call a spade a spade. They are no more interested in gay rights than than anyone else, they are after their own pedo agenda serving it up under the cover of gay rights. It pisses people off when they do this and they're not getting away with it.

At least in these more enlightened times being gay does not have the appalling stigma that it used to have. However wishing it upon someone is hardly a Christian attitude.

I find nothing enlightening about religion, any religion, at all. Quite the opposite. Sooner the world is rid of it, the better.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• They just replace religion with secular ideology.